The Student Room Group

How do i prepare for a sixth form interview?

What sorts of things do they ask you at an interview and how do i maximize my chances of getting into the schools that i want. My grades are all good.
Reply 1
same thing here i have college interviews in a few weeks and don,t know how to prepare for it
Reply 2
Original post by Jamesjamerson99
What sorts of things do they ask you at an interview and how do i maximize my chances of getting into the schools that i want. My grades are all good.

Questions like
Why this sixth form
Why these subjects
What are you aspirations and goals
What do you see yourself after sixth form
What are you interested in
Have you done something which you are really proud of
Why are you unique compared to others.

A sixth form interview is very simple, not hard at all be yourself and be relaxed
My college interview was more like an informal chat than an actual interview. They just asked why I had chosen the subjects I had and looked at my predicted grades and asked then if I had any questions about the college/college life etc. Obviously if you have applied for a very selective fee paying school that has a small sixth form they might ask you a lot more and it may be a more challenging interview. If it's a large state sixth form college that take loads of people each year, then I think as long as your grades are okay and you're not a dreadful student then you will be fine. I don't know anyone who didn't get into the state sixth form college they applied to
From the schools I had interviews at (comprehensive/local grammar) , it was very informal and I was told that they were unable to use interviews to actually decide on whether you get a place there. This may depend if you're going to a highly selective private school, but in most cases, it really doesn't matter. Just answer their questions and make sure you find out what you need to know before picking the school.

Quick Reply

Latest