The Student Room Group

university interview

Hi,
I'm in my last year of sixth form and have applied to 5 different universities. I've already got back 3 of my offers. I have applied for BA (Hons) primary education with QTS. One of the universities that i have applied for has invited me for an interview. My question is whats the best way to prepare myself, what sort of questions will they be asking me?

Thanks in advance,
Nicole.
Original post by nicnat1612
Hi,
I'm in my last year of sixth form and have applied to 5 different universities. I've already got back 3 of my offers. I have applied for BA (Hons) primary education with QTS. One of the universities that i have applied for has invited me for an interview. My question is whats the best way to prepare myself, what sort of questions will they be asking me?

Thanks in advance,
Nicole.

Hi @nicnat1612

Congrats on your offers so far!

Although I don't study education/child studies, I thought I could offer some interview advice.

I would have a read over your personal statement/application to familiarize yourself with what the university has already seen. They may or may not ask about what you've written, but it might be worth having a look for some preparation.

I would also suggest having a look over the uni website and course page so you know a bit about the course. This could also help you think of some questions to ask too - this is a great thing to prepare beforehand!

Wear something that makes you feel comfy and confident. You want your appearance to be the last thing on your mind during the interview, so if you're comfy this will make you feel more relaxed.

Some general questions might be "why do you want to study here?" "why are you interested in this subject?"...
Even if they don't ask the exact questions you prepare for, it might help you feel more prepared to have a think before your interview.

Best of luck!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Original post by nicnat1612
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Nicole.

Hi @nicnat1612

Congrats on your offers so far!

Although I don't study education/child studies, I thought I could offer some interview advice.

I would have a read over your personal statement/application to familiarize yourself with what the university has already seen. They may or may not ask about what you've written, but it might be worth having a look for some preparation.

I would also suggest having a look over the uni website and course page so you know a bit about the course. This could also help you think of some questions to ask too - this is a great thing to prepare beforehand!

Wear something that makes you feel comfy and confident. You want your appearance to be the last thing on your mind during the interview, so if you're comfy this will make you feel more relaxed.

Some general questions might be "why do you want to study here?" "why are you interested in this subject?"...
Even if they don't ask the exact questions you prepare for, it might help you feel more prepared to have a think before your interview.

Best of luck!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Thank you so much Emily!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending