The Student Room Group

How much do you recommend I study ??

I’m in year 13 and i’m starting to study for my exams in the summer. I have loads of stuff to revise so how many hours do you suggest I do every day until exams? And when should I increase the hours and what should increase them to?!
Reply 1
It depends, every individual is unique

What I would say is efficiency is more important the how long.. 1 hour with concentration, using the right techniques is better than a 2-3 hours of boredom and fatigue and random, unorganised study. That being said, 5 hours/week/subject is more than enough on average.
Reply 2
Original post by Ellieisaacs23
I’m in year 13 and i’m starting to study for my exams in the summer. I have loads of stuff to revise so how many hours do you suggest I do every day until exams? And when should I increase the hours and what should increase them to?!

how many hours of classes do you have? it should be that same amount per subject every week. generally, 5 hours/week/subject is good but remember to take breaks because you'll just burn out if you revise too hard which doesn't help
come march/april, you could increase it by an hour every week but it depends on you and how much you need to study

Quick Reply

Latest