The Student Room Group

sixth form interview

i have an interview for a sixth form soon, and im not sure how i should prepare??? they have my cv but im not sure what type of questions theyll ask. help??
I didn't prepare at all when I had mine a couple of years ago, they literally just asked me about my hobbies and things haha nothing hardcore at all. It's probably just a formality and they'll probably accept you anyway but are just wanting to put a face to the name.
Depends on what A-levels/BTEC you are doing.
why you want to study there; why you want to study the subjects you applied for; what your hobbies are; career aspirations
They'll probably just want to ask why you are applying for the courses, hobbies or interests you persue in your freetime, and future aspirations. Hopefully you get interviewed by a nicer person which can help to ease you/ make you more comfortable..Also if you want to do a practical subject you may choose to take evidence, eg a piece of art work etc, to show your ability as to an extent you have to sell your best qualities during interviews..hope it all goes well for you! :smile:
When I went for my interview (last month) they asked me what I liked about the school and why I wanted to attend that sixth form rather than another one. They also threw in some curve balls like "what is your favourite book and why?" And "Can you discuss the last newspaper article you have read?" They also asked me what I wanted to do for A-levels and if I had any hobbies and/or great achievements. I was asked to bring a file with my achievements and certificates so maybe that could be something that helps to show that you are prepared for the interview. Also, I know it's cliche but just be yourself because the interviewer has been doing this for years and can tell when people are being fake, it's better to act like yourself than to act as if you are yet another perfected applicant, they have plenty of those clones and you don't want to be labelled with the rest of them. Additionally, be sure to extend your answers but not to the point of babbling, just state your thoughts and try and link it in with the school's ethos where you can. All in all, just relax, stay calm and be confident. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending