The Student Room Group

Biology mocks

Anyone know what topics to revise which are in the AQA biology mocks
Yes, revise the composition of bones, there is a 4 marker on that for some reason. Something about calcium.
difference monocotyledons eudicotyledons number of cotyledons in the seed 1 2 pattern of leaf veins parallel/AW ; branched/network / AW ; number of petals present 3 / multiples of (up to 60) ; 4 or 5 / multiples of (up to 60) ; [4] [Total: 4] 2 (a) (i) bacteria (in mouth) ; (bacteria) change or respire sugar/ named sugar (in food) ; (sugar) to acid/ lactic acid ; acid dissolves /attacks, enamel/ teeth/ dentine/top layer/AW ; anaerobic respiration ;

brushing: dislodges, plaque/ bacteria/ food (particles)/ sugars (from mouth) ; rinsing: removes, plaque/bacteria/ food (particles)/ sugars (from mouth) ; not eating sweet foods between meals: bacteria have, less sugar/ food (to respire/ use) bacteria respire less / less acid produced ; [3] A antiseptic mouth-wash kills / inhibits bacteria 2 (b) (i) incisors: chop/ cut / bite /AW ; canines: pierce/ tear/grip/AW ; premolars and molars: grind/ crush/ chew/AW ; [3] R chew A canines chop/ cut / bite food A increases surface area of the food/breaks up large chunks /AW 2 (b) (ii) moves food (between teeth)/AW ; mixes food with saliva/ amylase ;

helps form a bolus ;

food small enough (to be swallowed) ora ; increases surface area ; for more rapid enzyme action/ digestion ; food mixed with, enzyme/ amylase ; food mixed with saliva/ mucus (to make swallowing easier) ; prepares stomach for receiving food / AW ; max [2] [Total: 13] A makes food softer 3 (a) bronchiole ; larynx ; trachea ; [3] one mark for each labelled line in the correct position. 3 (b) large surface area (per volume) ; thin/ small diffusion distance ; moist/wet/liquid film ; (alveolar) wall permeable ; well ventilated/ diffusion gradient maintained ; well supplied with capillaries / diffusion gradient maintained ; max [3] A answers in context applying to animals other than mammals.

3 (c) (i) 82.95(dm3 / min) ;

breaths more rapid /AW ; breaths deeper / heavier /AW ; [2] A diaphragm/ external intercostal muscles, contract more rapidly / frequently 3 (c) (iii) more oxygen needed ; more (cell) respiration carried out ; more energy is required ;

more muscle contraction
Reply 2
thanks alot is this for gcse or a level
Reply 3
Sorry may be pushing this but how about chemistry and Physics. And could you simply state the topics or subtopics in biology test in a list in relation to questions for this and chemistry and physics (that would be great thanx)
Original post by WahiduBC
Sorry may be pushing this but how about chemistry and Physics. And could you simply state the topics or subtopics in biology test in a list in relation to questions for this and chemistry and physics (that would be great thanx)

Do you need the exam papers - (the 2017 ones?)
Reply 5
can you pm me an attachment of the test or anything you got on the sciences thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Reversed Flash
Do you need the exam papers - (the 2017 ones?)

Yes please
Original post by WahiduBC
thanks alot is this for gcse or a level

I think he's having you on

Quick Reply

Latest