The Student Room Group

Failed year 12

No matter how hard I tried I kept getting E’s throughout year 12, if I study hard enough and get an A in my next mock (bear in mind I failed my other mock) what would I be predicted and please be realistic.
Reply 1
it depends in my opinion (and this is only my opinion), on the circumstances you failed. I'd recommend talking to your teachers about how you are doing after your next set of mocks, they may well improve your predicted grades based on improved scores in your mocks and also you coming to them and showing you have a desire to work hard and improve. its difficult to say what your predicted grades are as you are in Y12, if you got Es across the board and suddenly got As across the board in your next set of mocks they might either boost you up to a B or something or stay more around a C. Talk to your teachers is your best chance of getting your predicted grades where you want them.
Original post by Dddddx xcv
No matter how hard I tried I kept getting E’s throughout year 12, if I study hard enough and get an A in my next mock (bear in mind I failed my other mock) what would I be predicted and please be realistic.

What subjects do you do?
Go and talk to relevant teachers about what you are doing wrong and ask for their advice - today.

And look at alternatives - like apprenticeships - Find an apprenticeship - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) - or local college courses that may suit you better.
Reply 4
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
What subjects do you do?

A level Biology Chemistry and English Literature

Hi I can give you some tips for biology.

a] approach biology in a revolutionary different way!
b] refine your exam technique.
c] read the Q carefully twice
d] write relevant answers concisely
e] keep it simple: in today's structured Qs, you get marks for saying the obvious facts - don't look too deep into the Q.

Check my numerous posts on TSR e.g. as below
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Hi I can give you some tips for biology.
a] approach biology in a revolutionary different way!
b] refine your exam technique.
c] read the Q carefully twice
e] keep it simple: in today's structured Qs, you get marks for saying the obvious facts - don't look too deep into the Q.
Check my numerous posts on TSR e.g. as below

Why can I never interpret what the a-level biology exam questions are asking me? - The Student Room

Im failing Biology AS Level!!!! PLEASEEEE HELP! :frown: - The Student Room
Reply 8
Original post by macpatgh-sheldon
hi i can give you some tips for biology.
A] approach biology in a revolutionary different way!
B] refine your exam technique.
C] read the q carefully twice
e] keep it simple: In today's structured qs, you get marks for saying the obvious facts - don't look too deep into the q.
Check my numerous posts on tsr e.g. As below

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest