The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

First / second year accommodation

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search for it but all the threads I found were rather out of date.

Just umm... got a few questions about accommodation... (At the minute, the two things that are stopping me from chosing imperial right now are worries about the expense of living in London, and what I've heard about the social life.)

What do people think of each halls of residence? Do you think its worth paying extra just to get a room to yourself or to get your own bathroom? How easy/expensive is it living a long distance from campus? How much are people paying per week for accommodation out of halls? And how far away from the campus did you choose to live?

Also how bad is Fisher Hall for it to be that much cheaper than the others?
Reply 1
I had a great time living in halls. I got on with my roommate, I was in a hall 15 minutes walk from campus.

I wouldn't have paid the extra for a single room. Sharing bathrooms etc is fine -- shared stuff gets cleaned every day, en-suite rooms only once a week unless you do it yourself. I'm paying about £110 a week, for a small room but close-ish to college (25 mins walk).

Ignore the crap about no one having a social life here, it's not true.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I'l just back up what's been said there.

Also, I wouldn't worry about fisher just because it's cheap. I remember thinking the exact same thing this time last year. In the end I applied for it, and got it, and it's been the best time of my life. The main reason for its cheapness is the fact that virutally every other hall has been rennovated to the extent that they all look like manufactured tacky hotels with no character. Fisher ain't the prettiest place in the world, but its got character and is a really fun place to be.

Latest

Trending

Trending