The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Average rent at Surrey university?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what students at Surrey university usually pay after first year for accomodation? I'm just trying to figure out if I can even afford to study there :0
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Dashidot
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what students at Surrey university usually pay after first year for accomodation? I'm just trying to figure out if I can even afford to study there :0

Hey @Dashidot :smile:

This really depends on which band of accommodation you're going for in your first year, because there is quite a price variation amongst different bands. You can check the different prices out here.

In my first year, I went for Band C1 (which I think is one of the most popular), which is just over £100/week. As you can imagine, £400 a month to rent in Guildford is a steal, so when I decided to rent privately in my second year, I was looking at prices from around £500-£600, for similar-quality accommodation.

However! I have many friends that chose to continue at uni accommodation in their second year (and possibly third), but beware that Surrey can't guarantee accommodation to 2nd and 3rd year students. This is the path I personally would have gone for, if it weren't for a change of circumstances.

I hope this helps give some perspective :tongue:

Debora and Marko
(edited 7 months ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending