The Student Room Group

Do Sixth forms only look for good grades?

Hey guys,
so im applying for sixth forms and my mock grades were not great. They were:
English lit : 7
English lang: 7
RE: 6
Drama: 7
History 6
Maths: 4/5
Science: 4
Language: D
I know these are not great however i know i can do a million times better in my actual GCSE's. I do loads of extra curricular like ModelUN , debateMate, help out in local charity fundraisers and i am a scout explorer .. will that help me get a place or a provisional offer or my grades are strictly important? Will my personal statement play a good part in this too?
The only one I would be worried about would be the maths one. Most expect 5 C to A* including maths and English. (Don't know what they think off now using the number system.)
Reply 2
Original post by monkeyman0121
The only one I would be worried about would be the maths one. Most expect 5 C to A* including maths and English. (Don't know what they think off now using the number system.)

I really struggle with maths and science but hopefully i manage to scrape a grade. If worst comes to worst and i do get a 4/5 what could happen..
Original post by oreo.200
I really struggle with maths and science but hopefully i manage to scrape a grade. If worst comes to worst and i do get a 4/5 what could happen..

If you have any questions about GCSE Maths pm me. (For my GCSE Maths I got an A* and further maths a B if this helps you trust me more.)
Some sixth forms have an admissions test, and some have an interview.
Not all look for just good grades, but it is essential really.
Some schools see 4 as the new C some see 5 as it so you'll probably be alright
It depends on what subjects you want to do. My sixth form had minimum requirements for specific subjects like Biology and Maths etc
i know these are not great however i know i can do a million times better in my actual gcse's. I do loads of extra curricular like modelun , debatemate, help out in local charity fundraisers and i am a scout explorer .. Will that help me get a place or a provisional offer or my grades are strictly important? Will my personal statement play a good part in this too?

quit those extra curricular activities right now and focus on your gcses!
Hey guys,
so im applying for sixth forms and my mock grades were not great. They were:
English lit : 7
English lang: 7
RE: 6
Drama: 7
History 6
Maths: 4/5
Science: 4
Language: D
I know these are not great however i know i can do a million times better in my actual GCSE's. I do loads of extra curricular like ModelUN , debateMate, help out in local charity fundraisers and i am a scout explorer .. will that help me get a place or a provisional offer or my grades are strictly important? Will my personal statement play a good part in this too?

A sixth form will frankly not care about ECs

Quick Reply

Latest