The Student Room Group

BPTC 2018 intake

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when exactly does the course start for BPTC at BPP University London (Holborn). It isn't very clear on their website
Original post by nazirahnazari
Does anyone know when exactly does the course start for BPTC at BPP University London (Holborn). It isn't very clear on their website

I believe classes start on 17 September 2018 but with registration (mandatory) on the 13th. If you accepted a place there you should be getting emails with all the details.
Hey, did Manchester asked for ielts?
hey, did MMU ask for ielts?
Hey, did MMU ask for ielts or pearson?
Hey, did MMU ask for ielts or pearson?
Hi, I am applying for the BPTC for 2019. My first choice is ULaw, and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me more information about what to expect for the BPTC selection event. Thanks! :-)
I don't know exactly how to explain but you have a seated test explaining a scenario from what I can remember. Then you have to plea in a case for your client and then have an interview. That's all I remember but its not that bad.
Original post by gabs.law
Hi, I am applying for the BPTC for 2019. My first choice is ULaw, and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me more information about what to expect for the BPTC selection event. Thanks! :-)
Original post by Gym Bunny
I have applied to study the BPTC part time. I am an Open University student so this is the first time I have experienced the nerve wracking wait for offers/rejections!

I am panicking about my references. My academic reference isn't great as it doesn't cover all the criteria, such as speaking and listening ability because I have never met my tutor. Everything is done online. My two professional referees have completely chinned me off so I am now relying on my current employer's reference which I am not confident about as I have only worked there for three months.

Has anybody had a complete blackout with rejections on BarSAS?

Hi Gymbunny,

How did your application go for the BPTC? I have just graduated the open university but due to mitigating circumstances I only gained a 2.2. Currently looking at the BPTC at BPP, really debating if it’s worth it due to my current grade. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Terry
Original post by TerryA
Hi Gymbunny,

How did your application go for the BPTC? I have just graduated the open university but due to mitigating circumstances I only gained a 2.2. Currently looking at the BPTC at BPP, really debating if it’s worth it due to my current grade. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Terry

The one thing to say for certain is that having a 2:2 puts you at a significant disadvantage when it comes to getting through the paper sift in pupillage applications. Only a very small minority of those who secure a 2:2 will have any realistic chance of securing pupillage with the way the industry is at the moment. It was hard enough to do it ten years ago, but in the last decade the quality of applications has just continued to improve. Once you're in an interview your grades matter considerably less, but the problem is getting interviews with a 2:2. For that to be realistic you need two things. The first is that your mitigating circumstances need to actually show a good reason for your poor performance. So many 'mitigating circumstances' that I see on applications are just not good enough. The second thing is that your application otherwise needs to be genuinely outstanding. Your academics aside from that 2:2 need to be excellent (including a VC or Outstanding if you do the BPTC), because the only way to demonstrate that the 2:2 is not your actual level, mitigating circumstances or not, is to show a much higher level of attainment without the mitigating circumstances. You also need to tick just about every other box you can in terms of relevant experience and so on. You really have to be realistic when assessing your application in that way. I'm not going to say you stand no chance of getting pupillage with a 2:2, because that depends on a lot of variables. But it would be wrong to say that it is anything other than a massive issue, so you need to be sure that you can overcome it before deciding to undertake the BPTC in my view. The smarter option may well be to go in a different direction.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
The one thing to say for certain is that having a 2:2 puts you at a significant disadvantage when it comes to getting through the paper sift in pupillage applications. Only a very small minority of those who secure a 2:2 will have any realistic chance of securing pupillage with the way the industry is at the moment. It was hard enough to do it ten years ago, but in the last decade the quality of applications has just continued to improve. Once you're in an interview your grades matter considerably less, but the problem is getting interviews with a 2:2. For that to be realistic you need two things. The first is that your mitigating circumstances need to actually show a good reason for your poor performance. So many 'mitigating circumstances' that I see on applications are just not good enough. The second thing is that your application otherwise needs to be genuinely outstanding. Your academics aside from that 2:2 need to be excellent (including a VC or Outstanding if you do the BPTC), because the only way to demonstrate that the 2:2 is not your actual level, mitigating circumstances or not, is to show a much higher level of attainment without the mitigating circumstances. You also need to tick just about every other box you can in terms of relevant experience and so on. You really have to be realistic when assessing your application in that way. I'm not going to say you stand no chance of getting pupillage with a 2:2, because that depends on a lot of variables. But it would be wrong to say that it is anything other than a massive issue, so you need to be sure that you can overcome it before deciding to undertake the BPTC in my view. The smarter option may well be to go in a different direction.

Thanks for your reply,

I think I’m gonna concentrate on the LPC as by my research you do need to be at the top of your game when applying for pupilage. I have just recently that’s a solicitor can take another course to be a solicitor advocate so maybe that’s something to consider in the future.

King regards

Terry
Reply 111
Original post by LegallyOlive
Hi, is there anyone on here who has applied for the 2018 BPTC intake in the first round of applications?

Please join this thread so we can help each other out with news, updates and some answers to questions some may have with regards to the 2018 BPTC.

I am a BPTC graduate recently. Passed in one attempt. I have got notes for each Chapter for the BPTC modules. As long as you read the notes, reading additional material, practicing lots of questions. I feel it’s possible to finish the BPTC in one attempt. There are people who struggled but do not let them fear you. Just try your best ! Do not hesitate to contact me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending