The Student Room Group

BBC Broadcast Operator Apprenticeship 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes same, I got this email but it says' Broadcast Engineer Apprenticeship although my careers hub and application is for Broadcast Operator Apprenticeship. Must have been a typo.
Anyone passed to the next stage ?
How many do you think have?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by blawrence
Anyone passed to the next stage ?
How many do you think have?

Haven't heard anything back yet - no idea how many people will get through
Reply 23
I got the email about hearing back around March 6th, haven't heard anything as of yet?
Just finished first day of assessment centre
Original post by blawrence
Just finished first day of assessment centre

Did you apply for broadcast operator apprenticeship? Apparently we will find out tomorrow if we will attend the assessment day
Degree
Reply 27
Ah okay, yeah I applied for Broadcast Operator Apprenticeship. It's Friday tomorrow so hopefully, we hear something - fingers crossed! :smile:
I didn't get an email on Friday, just wondering if anyone else did?
Reply 29
Nope, I haven't heard anything yet either! Next week hopefully! :smile:
Reply 30
I've been selected to go to a BBC Assessment Day. Has anyone ever been to an assessment day? What can I expect?

Thanks!!
Original post by _Turtles_
I've been selected to go to a BBC Assessment Day. Has anyone ever been to an assessment day? What can I expect?

Thanks!!

So have I! Which day are you going on?
Reply 32
Original post by katiee_99
So have I! Which day are you going on?

Wednesday, I'll drop you a message :smile:
Wednesday, I'll drop you a message :smile:

Hi :biggrin: I'm also going to the one on Wednesday :smile: just found this forum
Just out of interest, have you had any experience in broadcast? Good luck to all of you who have passed!

Thanks!!
Reply 35
Original post by IchigoKuro5939
Just out of interest, have you had any experience in broadcast? Good luck to all of you who have passed!

Yeah, I've done a fair bit through school and outside projects. Are you thinking of applying?
Yeah, I've done a fair bit through school and outside projects. Are you thinking of applying?

I've already applied, but failed. I think I may have had too much experience in broadcast, cause I think I saw somewhere on the BBC site that you can't apply if you've had more that 12 months of paid work in broadcast
I just finished my assessment day today. There's nothing to worry about it's a fairly relaxed environment
Reply 38
Original post by ThomasRT
I just finished my assessment day today. There's nothing to worry about it's a fairly relaxed environment

Awesome hope it went well! :smile: Out of interest did you have some Maths and English testing or was it more role-specific?
Awesome hope it went well! :smile: Out of interest did you have some Maths and English testing or was it more role-specific?

There wasn't anything about English and maths. The test is about the scheme but it isn't important they just want to know what people know, you're not going to get into the scheme or not get into due to the test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending