The Student Room Group

Funny moments in GCSEs

Even though exams are approaching for us, I thought it would be nice to light up the atmosphere a little with funny moments throughout your GCSE course (eg: during courseworking, mock exams, after getting them back and etc). Post GCSE-ers are more than welcome to join in. :smile:

Well...here I goes (warning though, they are not really that funny):
-last year, I finished the reading paper for my chinese exam in 5 mins and got bored that I started to practise writing japanese on the blank pages and forgot to keep my eyes on the clock and ran out of time to rub them out. :biggrin:
-In the maths mocks, I scribbled so fast with my pen that it just flew out of my hand (I think it hit someone. :x) and furthermore, I managed to drop my pen, calculator and maths set on the floor 3 times. :biggrin:

nothing very funny has happened to me yet, what about you guys? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing my ASs now, but during my GCSEs it probably was getting rid of all of the power in my school's science block during my assessed Physics practical.. let's just say that bare wire and a power pack on the highest voltage setting can have interesting results. :wink:
Reply 2
The funniest moment was realising that my maths teacher wasn't actually going to teach me maths.
It was pretty damn hilarious as you can imagine :P
Reply 3
In my GCSE Psychology exam, the guy next to me had his table collapse - he was learning hard on it, so as it fell, he fell to the floor on top of it, and the girl in front of him jumped so much that her table fell over too. Slightly distracting...
In business studies someone left the class to go to the toilet, and someone else put a pen on their chair pointing upwards but covered by a coat. Needless to say, when he came back he sat on it and 'insertion occurred'.
Reply 5
someone farted in an exam...needless to say, I got the uber giggles.

A person next to me managed to unhinge their table, so they were faffing trying to get it back together...unfortunate.

There was a butterfly in the hall in my PE exam...a pretty one :smile: and also our groups PE teacher said we could all take in sweets if they made no noise..so our group all took haribo in...and everyone else was like *jealous*
Reply 6
squeak

There was a butterfly in the hall in my PE exam...a pretty one :smile:

That would make me smile and go "awwww":redface:
Wow, I'm soft.
Reply 7
i was doing my degree in medicine and some guy who was so scared to take his exam sat down and when the time was up he wet his pants i was laugthing i failed so i couldnt get ma degree but it was the best day of ma life
this wasn't in a gcse but was in my mock a couple of weeks ago...one of the teachers moderating was standing at the back of the hall behind me, he went to jump onto a pile of mats so he could sit on them, but he slid off and fell onto the floor lmao.
Reply 9
I tok 3 pens into an exam, all 3 ran out.
Fire alarm went off in my French oral.
And the breath of one of the invigilators....eurgh.
When I was doing my GCSEs someone got all Us. AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA.

(This didn't really happen.)
Reply 11
we had a moderator that looked like brian may..
she was a women.
another who was like 19 or looked like it and always appeared like he was gunna cry
and also the typical comprehensive graffiti on the table 'dan h woz ere failin english y2k lvin sasha IDDT'
Reply 12
Oh I remember one.
When I was in my Business studies exam, we took it in the sports hall (they were too poor to have two halls, so they stuck us in the really inconvenient sports hall).
Above the sports hall was a gym with a window overlooking the sports hall. Someone was on a cross trainer, which faces the window. All the way through my exam, there was one of the music teachers bobbing up and down on the cross trainer. It was very distracting, and I kept looking up and once he waved and winked.
It was quite creepy really.
Reply 13
doing AS now, but last yr in my history exam one of the teachers walked past the front of my table just as i was stretching my legs and fell over them! i said sorry lol, but was proper laughing at him,

in my maths exam alot of people finished early so were really bored! a few people were coughing which spread to the whole year coughing just for abit of laughter! our head of year got really annoyed
Not that funny, but in my English mock we had to start 10 mins late because the teachers lost our papers!
There was nothing funny about my GCSEs unfortunatly, unless you count one of the hottest years ever doing exams in a stuffy hall with no air con funny :frown:
Reply 16
Fire alarm went off during my english lang exam and french oral :frown:

Someone broke the legs off of their chair when they were leaning on it. :eek:
Reply 17
Ssh...
During my French oral, the teacher said the question wrong, so she spent ages rewinding the tape to the right place so she could tape over it and start again...giving me lots of time to think of a nice answer. :smile:

Not that it amounted to much - I only got a B overall.
we have these fans at the top of the hall in which we sit our exams. A pigeon flew into it in our maths mock, lots of loud squarking ensued then a crunch and bloody feathers drifting down lol. We had to retake the exam after school :frown:
Reply 19
A hoard of deliberate coughs over and over again.

Latest