The Student Room Group

Intermediate maths challenge

I had a look at the last years intermediate uk maths challenge thresholds and it said: Bronze: 47-60
Silver: 61-77
Grey Kangaroo: 72+
Pink Kangaroo: 81+
Cayley: 97+
Hamilton: 106+
Maclaurin: 112+

Are these the names of the awards or the qualification? I did the junior maths challenge last year and got gold but it only mentioned bronze, silver and gold awards. Is Pink kangaroo, Grey kangaroo, cayley, hamilton and maclaurin all gold awards? Sorry Im kind of confused. It would be great if you could help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i believe if you get a certificate after silver, you take another maths challenge so they can find the best of the best? maybe
I will be posting past IMC questions on here every day, leading up to the day of the IMC. Solutions will be posted the next day, along with the next past paper question. If you would like a hint, PM me, but you'll only get the one :P. If you think you've got the answer, you can PM me and I'll tell you if it's correct or not.

Add this forum to your watchlist so that you don't miss any updates.

P. S. If you look up the solution, the only person you will be cheating is yourself. The reason why I am starting this forum is so that everyone doing the IMC can, a) get some practice in, b) to know what the IMC is like, if they've never done anything like this before, and c) to have fun! (if you enjoy maths that much, of course)

P. P. S. Good luck to all who are taking part in the UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge 2018 :smile:
Pic15-compressed.gif.jpeg
Hi, you can post this on the official UKMT page as more people are likely to engage there.
Cool
Bromze silver gold is split 3:2:1 then if you got those marks you'd do the paper according to y9 and under, y10 and y11 and if you got kangaroo or olympiad
The top 60% candidates are splint into the ratio 3:2:1 for bronze:silver:gold. Top gold scorers may go on to sit the kangaroos (multiple choice challenge) and the top 500 of a year group sit their Olympiad (hard; full solutions).
Original post by thekidwhogames
The top 60% candidates are splint into the ratio 3:2:1 for bronze:silver:gold. Top gold scorers may go on to sit the kangaroos (multiple choice challenge) and the top 500 of a year group sit their Olympiad (hard; full solutions).

It isn't optional
is 1 11 111 or 1111 a prime number
Reply 12
Do you have any more questions?
Original post by Zoqua
Do you have any more questions?

Yes
(edited 6 years ago)
Pic19(2)-compressed.gif.jpeg
Original post by erratic_deus
It isn't optional

What?
Guys, you can get these form the UKMT past papers.
What?

You have to do the kangaroo if you get in
My school made all of us miss whole school mass to go to west london for a challenge.
Original post by erratic_deus
You have to do the kangaroo if you get in
My school made all of us miss whole school mass to go to west london for a challenge.

It's optional mate - they're not gonna force you to sit the challenge if you don't want to.
You're not forced to sit it if you don't want to - ask your teacher.

Latest

Trending

Trending