The Student Room Group

Should I begin an AS alongside 3 A Levels EPQ

Hi. I'm currently studying for 3 A Levels in Combined English Language and Literature, Spanish and Psychology. I'm planning on definitely doing an EPQ to support my university application (I want to study English at university alongside Creative Writing, but am considering applying for Oxford's Language and Literature course, which I'm aware is extremely competitive) My issue at the moment is that I love English, however, I regret not taking English Literature A Level a lot - I feel lang/lit, although enjoyable, is not what I expected in terms of progression from GCSE, although it could get harder at A2, I know, and I shouldn't ignore that. I want to stretch myself, and I've looked into Oxford Online Learning to see they do AS English Literature (AQA). Whilst it's not going to contribute anything towards universities and exam results, (i.e. I need 3 As in full A Levels) this is personally for my own enjoyment and to show the passion I have. I love the look of the course content - Shakespeare, Jane Eyre, love poetry etc. - and I know I'd benefit from the experience but would this be too much work? Like I said I want to be stretched but I don't want to commit to something and then regret it. Plus with EPQ lessons starting, it could suddenly become too much. What do you think?
Reply 1
any help appreciated :/
I'm very torn.

Quick Reply

Latest