The Student Room Group

EPQ outside of school

Hi,

I want to do an EPQ but my school doesn't offer it. Do i have to find a registered centre to do it with, and if so are these only other schools and colleges? and where can i find a supervisor?

Thanks
Original post by renee_e
Hi,

I want to do an EPQ but my school doesn't offer it. Do i have to find a registered centre to do it with, and if so are these only other schools and colleges? and where can i find a supervisor?

Thanks

When searching online, use the words "Home Learning" or "Home School" as these will broaden your search. You can go to any school to do an EPQ however they will most likely need you to take 3 or 4 A levels alongside the EPQ as they need their funding. If you can't find a centre or a school that'll let you do an EPQ with them then don't worry, as you can still do the EPQ and it will not be marked, universities will still see your work and will be impressed (UCAS points aren't that important, it is a statistic that universities use to seem more impressive, so don't worry if your UCAS points are low) Universities will judge you on your work, that's why doing an independent project and adding it to your application is important. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
When searching online, use the words "Home Learning" or "Home School" as these will broaden your search. You can go to any school to do an EPQ however they will most likely need you to take 3 or 4 A levels alongside the EPQ as they need their funding. If you can't find a centre or a school that'll let you do an EPQ with them then don't worry, as you can still do the EPQ and it will not be marked, universities will still see your work and will be impressed (UCAS points aren't that important, it is a statistic that universities use to seem more impressive, so don't worry if your UCAS points are low) Universities will judge you on your work, that's why doing an independent project and adding it to your application is important. Hope this helps :smile:

Hiya, sorry I know this chain hasn't been used in a while but I was wondering if you could tell me more about this? So could you write an EPQ fully alone and then attach it to a uni application without it ever being marked or assessed by anyone? Where would you put this into an application? Would they actually take it as seriously without UCAS points if it was up to standard? Thank you!!
Original post by mmd78903
Hiya, sorry I know this chain hasn't been used in a while but I was wondering if you could tell me more about this? So could you write an EPQ fully alone and then attach it to a uni application without it ever being marked or assessed by anyone? Where would you put this into an application? Would they actually take it as seriously without UCAS points if it was up to standard? Thank you!!

You can do the EPQ on your own and it can actually be very beneficial, so I highly recommend it :smile:. If you put the personal EPQ on the university application and tell the university you're applying to then they'll see your putting in the work. Also, no, you do not need it to be marked, as long as you put the effort into and are able to back up the contents then you should get a higher chance of being accepted into your university of choice. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending