The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Official Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Student only: Room available at Opal Court for £141 PER WEEK in a single ensuite. Opposite University of Leicester, and a 10 minute walk from De Montfort University. 10 minute walk to Leicester Train Station and other local amenities. Double bed, storage space and desk area. Kitchen shared between 4 flatmates (2 males and 2 females). Free WiFi, all-inclusive bills and onsite maintenance services. This is for an immediate move-in so anyone that is interested please message me. Contract ends 08/07/2023.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hi, I was wondering whether the shared bathrooms in the village, like lasdun are usually clean
Has anyone heard about accommodation yet for September? Or does anyone know when the accommodation will be allocated? My application still says "Awaiting allocation".
Original post by ashleysouthall
Has anyone heard about accommodation yet for September? Or does anyone know when the accommodation will be allocated? My application still says "Awaiting allocation".

I think you get allocated after you get your grades and are confirmed to go to leicester
Original post by amanra1
I think you get allocated after you get your grades and are confirmed to go to leicester

Thanks - I deferred so already have my grades and confirmed place.
Hey @ashleysouthall

Thanks for your question - great to hear that you're coming to Leicester!!

My recommendation would be to drop the accommodation team an email or call - I would say that the University has only just opened back up since Easter break so give them a few days to answer your query :smile:

Let me know how you get on and if you're having difficulties getting through, drop me a DM and I'll see if I can ask!

-Alisha :smile: UK Postgraduate Recruitment Officer
Is accommodation first come first served?
Reply 67
Original post by ashleysouthall
Thanks - I deferred so already have my grades and confirmed place.

Hi have u heard anything back?
My son has firmed Leicester for medicine starting Sept 2023.

He has decide to apply for city accomodation based on proximity to the medical school. With the new Freemens development, there are now as many students staying in city as there are in Oadby Village and therefor plenty of activity and social life. There is a sports centre in city too but only for swimming gym and indoor sports hall based activities. He will have go to Oadby Sports Centre for any other sports such as cricket / football / hockey etc.
There are plenty of laundry facilities scattered around both sites and if required a parking permit can be obtained for parking near your accomodation.

We took the city accomodation tour yesterday and were very impressed with both the campus and the accomodation at Freemens and Nixon Court. We did not see Opal Court. To clear up any confusion, Freemens is the newest part, built around 2 years ago and it is very nice. There are also two Freemens blocks (also new) located in Nixon Court campus. These are refered to as block L and M on the website but they are actually Freemens 'Mary Gee' and 'Heather Cooper'.

Nixon Court is made up of older blocks A to E (older) and newer ones (not as new as Freemens but still nice) F to K.

We focused on ensuites in both the Freemens and Nixon F to K. Both of these are very nice and we feel our son will be comfortable at either. We are hoping for the 6 room flate rather than the 10 rooom ones.

He applied on the accomodation portal today and received the following reply.

Dear xxxxx,
You have successfully submitted an application for accommodation.
What to do next:
We will contact you via this email address once your application has been processed. You can review the process of your application by logging in to the accommodation application system.
If you are a new Undergraduate student holding a conditional offer for study at Leicester, we will not be able to process your accommodation application until your place of study at the University has been confirmed. If you are awaiting exam results then this will be once those results have been confirmed.
If you have any questions please get in touch with the Accommodation Team at [email protected] or 0116 252 2428.
Best wishes,
The Accommodation Team
University of Leicester

It does seem that students with unconditional offers and returning students (yr 2 and up) will get confirmation of their allocation immedialty, however, 1st year undergrads will have to wait for results day and confirmation of their course place before accomodation is confirmed.

So now its a waiting game.

If anyone needs any help get in touch and we will be more than happy to assit if we can.

Taher (Nottingham)
Reply 69
Original post by Taher.Adamjee
My son has firmed Leicester for medicine starting Sept 2023.

He has decide to apply for city accomodation based on proximity to the medical school. With the new Freemens development, there are now as many students staying in city as there are in Oadby Village and therefor plenty of activity and social life. There is a sports centre in city too but only for swimming gym and indoor sports hall based activities. He will have go to Oadby Sports Centre for any other sports such as cricket / football / hockey etc.
There are plenty of laundry facilities scattered around both sites and if required a parking permit can be obtained for parking near your accomodation.

We took the city accomodation tour yesterday and were very impressed with both the campus and the accomodation at Freemens and Nixon Court. We did not see Opal Court. To clear up any confusion, Freemens is the newest part, built around 2 years ago and it is very nice. There are also two Freemens blocks (also new) located in Nixon Court campus. These are refered to as block L and M on the website but they are actually Freemens 'Mary Gee' and 'Heather Cooper'.

Nixon Court is made up of older blocks A to E (older) and newer ones (not as new as Freemens but still nice) F to K.

We focused on ensuites in both the Freemens and Nixon F to K. Both of these are very nice and we feel our son will be comfortable at either. We are hoping for the 6 room flate rather than the 10 rooom ones.

He applied on the accomodation portal today and received the following reply.

Dear xxxxx,
You have successfully submitted an application for accommodation.
What to do next:
We will contact you via this email address once your application has been processed. You can review the process of your application by logging in to the accommodation application system.
If you are a new Undergraduate student holding a conditional offer for study at Leicester, we will not be able to process your accommodation application until your place of study at the University has been confirmed. If you are awaiting exam results then this will be once those results have been confirmed.
If you have any questions please get in touch with the Accommodation Team at [email protected] or 0116 252 2428.
Best wishes,
The Accommodation Team
University of Leicester

It does seem that students with unconditional offers and returning students (yr 2 and up) will get confirmation of their allocation immedialty, however, 1st year undergrads will have to wait for results day and confirmation of their course place before accomodation is confirmed.

So now its a waiting game.

If anyone needs any help get in touch and we will be more than happy to assit if we can.

Taher (Nottingham)

Hi sorry I'm probably being a pick thick here, if you are a gap year student with the results and confirmed place would not get accommodation before results day ? Sorry
I assume if you are on a gap year and you have a confirmed unconditional offer, once you have committed to your offer you will be allocated confirmed accomodation according your prefered requests.
Original post by amanra1
Hi, I was wondering whether the shared bathrooms in the village, like lasdun are usually clean

Hi @amanra1,

Our Housekeepers and Domestic Assistants clean the communal spaces in the accommodation such as shared bathrooms, entrance lobbies, stairs and corridors. You are responsible for cleaning your own room.

Hope this answers your question! Let us know if you have anything else you want to ask.

- Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)
Reply 72
Hi is there any way of finding out who you are sharing accommodation with before you start uni at Leicester - I know other unis help flatmates to get in touch before they actually start,
Thanks
Original post by Mayapop1
Hi is there any way of finding out who you are sharing accommodation with before you start uni at Leicester - I know other unis help flatmates to get in touch before they actually start,
Thanks

This would be useful.... anyone know?
Original post by Mayapop1
Thanks

Original post by Taher.Adamjee
This would be useful.... anyone know?

Hi @Mayapop1 & @Taher.Adamjee,

Congratulations on your offers to study at the University of Leicester! What are you planning on studying?

Have you checked out our offer holder webpage? This has loads of information on next steps and details about our offer holder community which you can use to reach out to your fellow students.

Any other questions let us know!

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-ordinator)
Reply 75
Original post by University of Leicester
For anyone who has any questions or comments about city living, Oadby student village, buses, life in halls, housemates, homesickness, or anything at all.

Have a look at our accommodation site for more info, and our Flickr to see our rooms.

We will be replying to questions that we can help with!

[video="youtube;0nIDb-IMfZE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=0nIDb-IMfZE[/video]
Oadby Student Village from the air

looking for a Tenancy takeover / Accom Swap

[start]Opal Court[/start]
[start]Gold ensuite plus (double bed (floor 9)(Nice stadium view)[/start]

[start]£161 a week[/start]

[start]All-inclusive bills[/start]
[start]Free WiFi[/start]
[start]5 min walk from University of Leicester campus.[/start]
[start]24/7 staff presence[/start]
[start]Great public transport links[/start]
[start]Laundry facilities[/start]
[start]Common room and vending machines[/start]
[start]Close to train station[/start]
Reply 76
Original post by University of Leicester
For anyone who has any questions or comments about city living, Oadby student village, buses, life in halls, housemates, homesickness, or anything at all.

Have a look at our accommodation site for more info, and our Flickr to see our rooms.

We will be replying to questions that we can help with!

[video="youtube;0nIDb-IMfZE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=0nIDb-IMfZE[/video]
Oadby Student Village from the air

looking for a Tenancy takeover / Accom Swap

[start]Opal Court[/start]
[start]Gold ensuite plus (double bed (floor 9)(Nice stadium view)[/start]

[start]£161 a week[/start]

[start]All-inclusive bills[/start]
[start]Free WiFi[/start]
[start]5 min walk from University of Leicester campus.[/start]
[start]24/7 staff presence[/start]
[start]Great public transport links[/start]
[start]Laundry facilities[/start]
[start]Common room and vending machines[/start]