The Student Room Group

Recommended GCSE revision/work websites or apps

good revision apps/websites??
(edited 5 years ago)
This site is launching in 2 weeks time: https://senecalearning.com/ and meant to be super effective and good. Has been given to a few influencers that I follow on instagram, and they're all mega complimentary. Is all exam-board specific and really high quality content, as well as doing testing etc to make sure you both understand and remember it. Good luck!
Original post by ameliag.
Im unable to attend school for a few months due to an operation and my school isnt really sending me any work, so could anyone recommend any good revision websites because im pretty much having to teach myself, thankyouuu :smile:

Get revising is a really good website, literally has all of the resources you could want!
Original post by MimiSeneca
This site is launching in 2 weeks time: https://senecalearning.com/ and meant to be super effective and good. Has been given to a few influencers that I follow on instagram, and they're all mega complimentary. Is all exam-board specific and really high quality content, as well as doing testing etc to make sure you both understand and remember it. Good luck!

Will the site add languages to it? You have the websites name in your username so I'm assuming you are an account created by the website's creators. How does the website get the funding to support it? I'm curious because it looks reeeally professional. I also wanted to know if more popular exam boards(e.g. AQA and Edexcel) will be prioritised over less popular ones(e.g. OCR) in terms of content? Will all the content be covered? The website does look really promising though.
Reply 4
thankyou!!!
Corbett maths and Hegarty maths on youtube are really good for maths.
Mr Bruff on youtube is really good for English.
Free science lessons, primrose kitten and science with Hazel are really good for science.
Reply 6
thankyou so much!!
Reply 7
Pixl maths and lit although I think your school pays for that, memrise, quizlet
Original post by Ihatelife2
Will the site add languages to it? You have the websites name in your username so I'm assuming you are an account created by the website's creators. How does the website get the funding to support it? I'm curious because it looks reeeally professional. I also wanted to know if more popular exam boards(e.g. AQA and Edexcel) will be prioritised over less popular ones(e.g. OCR) in terms of content? Will all the content be covered? The website does look really promising though.

Hi! Yes the site is looking to add languages, although they won't be launched as soon as the other subjects being shown.
The funding is from investors and through selling the product to corporations (banks, lawyers etc) for professional training. So it's completely free for GCSE students and will stay that way. All of the content will be launched at once (sciences and PE on 5th March, other subjects in the weeks afterwards) - so not prioritising specific exam boards at least initially (content is all complete so no need to!).
It is very professional and effective - has been trialled on 1,120 students and those using it performed twice as well. And we're getting distribution help from institutions including the Institute of Physics, the Royal Society of Chemistry, the Royal Society of Biology etc !
Let me know if any other questions :smile:
Hi! Yes the site is looking to add languages, although they won't be launched as soon as the other subjects being shown.
The funding is from investors and through selling the product to corporations (banks, lawyers etc) for professional training. So it's completely free for GCSE students and will stay that way. All of the content will be launched at once (sciences and PE on 5th March, other subjects in the weeks afterwards) - so not prioritising specific exam boards at least initially (content is all complete so no need to!).
It is very professional and effective - has been trialled on 1,120 students and those using it performed twice as well. And we're getting distribution help from institutions including the Institute of Physics, the Royal Society of Chemistry, the Royal Society of Biology etc !

Thank you so much for the answers. I'm really excited to try it but I guess I'll have to wait until the week after next to try it out.

Will you be doing psychology and computer science as well or is it just the ones shown on the website. This website seems really organised and helpful , I can't wait for the content to be launched
one of the posts from @ srmsgcse2018 on instagram has a big list of websites and resources :biggrin:
Pembroke soft science app is free and is really good

do you guys know any sites like this for A-Level, cos it looks really good but there aren't any A-Level topics on there sadly ...
Original post by louise122
do you guys know any sites like this for A-Level, cos it looks really good but there aren't any A-Level topics on there sadly ...

I always hear about Snaprevise but that's a paid service but people love it. It is for sciences though. What A-levels are you doing then? Makes it easier to find sites if we know what to look for specifically.
I always hear about Snaprevise but that's a paid service but people love it. It is for sciences though. What A-levels are you doing then? Makes it easier to find sites if we know what to look for specifically.

Yh I hear about snap revise all the time, but I'm broke haha.

I do German, Applied Science and Film Studies (at A-level) :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ameliag.
Im unable to attend school for a few months due to an operation and my school isnt really sending me any work, so could anyone recommend any good revision websites because im pretty much having to teach myself, thankyouuu :smile:

On maths is really good aswell. It gives u predicted papers for this years gcses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending