The Student Room Group

revision help !! ( very urgent )

I didn't do great in my year 10 mocks, especially in science and maths. I have no clue on how to start revising for any of my subjects, but I really wanna improve. Any advice/help would be very appreciated ! :smile:
By the way the subjects I am doing are : combined science higher, english lit/lang, maths higher tier, history, music BTEC, photography and sociology !!
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't do great in my year 10 mocks, especially in science and maths. I have no clue on how to start revising for any of my subjects, but I really wanna improve. Any advice/help would be very appreciated ! :smile:
By the way the subjects I am doing are : combined science higher, english lit/lang, maths higher tier, history, music BTEC, photography and sociology !!

for science i recommend cognito its a website and yt channel
Reply 2

thank you :smile:
Reply 3

hiya! Seneca can be good for revision it has questions on most subjects for most exam boards and it’s free!!
Knowunity is also a good app you can ask questions, join group chats dedicated to year groups/subjects etc. and look at other peoples notes, quizzes and flash cards

I do sociology alevel so what i do for revision is make summary sheets, mindmaps and use them to do the blurting method on a whiteboard and i’ll do practice questions. Tutor2u has some good videos on their youtube channel, they’ve uploaded new recision stuff called “60 second sociology” where they go over small topics quickly so you can just watch them if you need a recap on something. It’s basically like watching tiktok’s but educational ahah

I hope this helps, if there’s anything else you need help with i’d be happy to help! (:
Reply 4
Original post by loulai_
hiya! Seneca can be good for revision it has questions on most subjects for most exam boards and it’s free!!
Knowunity is also a good app you can ask questions, join group chats dedicated to year groups/subjects etc. and look at other peoples notes, quizzes and flash cards

I do sociology alevel so what i do for revision is make summary sheets, mindmaps and use them to do the blurting method on a whiteboard and i’ll do practice questions. Tutor2u has some good videos on their youtube channel, they’ve uploaded new recision stuff called “60 second sociology” where they go over small topics quickly so you can just watch them if you need a recap on something. It’s basically like watching tiktok’s but educational ahah

I hope this helps, if there’s anything else you need help with i’d be happy to help! (:

this is so helpful thankyou ! < 3
Reply 5

personally i wld advise taking as many past papers as possible , a great place for that is savemyexams.com (not a direct link but u can drag it to search)
Reply 6
Original post by bipanic
personally i wld advise taking as many past papers as possible , a great place for that is savemyexams.com (not a direct link but u can drag it to search)

thank you !!
Reply 7

OMG I loved cognito when I was doing my GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending