The Student Room Group

DFID Talent Programme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TryingIsGood
Hiya, yes I do. This is the last scheme I'm waiting to hear back on, so it will be between this and the FS. How about you?

Oh, lol, I just find it funny because the fast stream seems like the holy grail to me - I would take that and run! However I guess if international development is up your street it makes sense to go for DFID. I got rejected for generalist!
Original post by littleone123
Oh, lol, I just find it funny because the fast stream seems like the holy grail to me - I would take that and run! However I guess if international development is up your street it makes sense to go for DFID. I got rejected for generalist!

I would gladly donate my generalist offer to you if I’d get DFID 😅😁
Original post by Criscris2017
I would gladly donate my generalist offer to you if I’d get DFID 😅😁

Mate, I wish!
I am another who only heard by chance just before the deadline. I think them advertising under a strange pay band may have had an effect, those filtering for EO or HEO positions wouldn't have found it. The time of year is fairly late too.

Had wildly varying scores in the tests but completed them all, we'll see!
Reply 44
Hi all, I've applied for DFID 2018 too. Im very confused by the grading system though, I got in the 70s and 80s for verbal and numerical reasoning but only 60s for situational judgement. Anyone have any idea what kind of mark will be required for them to actually look at your application form?Thanks!
Reply 45
Hi all, I've applied for DFID 2018 too. Im very confused by the grading system though, I got in the 70s and 80s for verbal and numerical reasoning but only 60s for situational judgement. Anyone have any idea what kind of mark will be required for them to actually look at your application form? Thanks!
Reply 46
Original post by ARTC
Hi all, I've applied for DFID 2018 too. Im very confused by the grading system though, I got in the 70s and 80s for verbal and numerical reasoning but only 60s for situational judgement. Anyone have any idea what kind of mark will be required for them to actually look at your application form?Thanks!

I think if it says you've passed the benchmark then you've passed. They should look at your application regardless.
Reply 47
I have also applied for the DFID Entry Talent Programme 2018! The application process was very different to anything I have experienced before. I keep checking the status of my application - looking forward to seeing the outcome! I hope we hear back from DFID soon. Best wishes to everyone that has applied.
Reply 48
I've passed the initial sift and online tests too. I've only applied for the East Kilbride! Hope it's not too long until we hear back. Well done to everyone for getting this far... :clap2:
Reply 49
Original post by vmc21
I've passed the initial sift and online tests too. I've only applied for the East Kilbride! Hope it's not too long until we hear back. Well done to everyone for getting this far... :clap2:

Uh I put London 2nd, wish i didn't as I can see the East Kilbride office from my window haha. Knowing my luck I would get London!
Reply 50
:laugh: Good to get out and experience the world. Hopefully see you at EK for the AC. I'm not too far away either - about 20 miles!

Original post by skinni
Uh I put London 2nd, wish i didn't as I can see the East Kilbride office from my window haha. Knowing my luck I would get London!
Original post by skinni

I’m currently on NGDP and during recruitment the councils really wanted us to show that we were dedicated to the work rather than any particular location. I’m hoping for London but am going to go in with a similar mindset nonetheless in case that’s what they’re looking for.
I emailed them and we don't find out until early April - also we did have to pass the tests to reach the sift stage, if you're still in the process then you passed the tests!
Reply 53
Original post by vmc21
:laugh: Good to get out and experience the world. Hopefully see you at EK for the AC. I'm not too far away either - about 20 miles!

I'm kinda restricted with location, to the point that 99% of graduate programmes are unsuitable due to them requiring mobility and rotational placements :colondollar:

Yip hopefully see you there! FIngers crossed for us all :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by IceCool
I emailed them and we don't find out until early April - also we did have to pass the tests to reach the sift stage, if you're still in the process then you passed the tests!

Oh that's good to know thank you! I can put it out of my head for the time being and get on with the mountains of coursework I have, one less excuse to procrastinate lol...
How do you know if you've passed the sift stage?
Reply 56
Original post by vmc21

When did you find out that you had passed the initial sifting phase? My application status has just turned to 'application being reviewed'.
Original post by p1psh
When did you find out that you had passed the initial sifting phase? My application status has just turned to 'application being reviewed'.

I think what they mean is they’ve passed the online tests and are onto having the application reviewed. No one will have heard back about whether they’ve passed at this stage!
Hi, anyone had any news?
Original post by Waiting99
Hi, anyone had any news?

Bit early for that, init? Thought we were hearing back early April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending