The Student Room Group

Anyone do Biology A-level here?

Anyone do Biology A-level here?
Reply 1
I do, OCR board
Reply 2
Original post by Anon736
I do, OCR board

Oh cool, i do AQA. How are you finding your course so far??
Reply 3
Mixed honestly. The content isn't too hard to understand but sometimes boring (plants stuff). But what really gets me is the difficulty of the exams. The new spec especially likes to focus on so many practical and application based questions that you cannot really practice that well for.

Hows AQA?
Reply 4
Original post by Anon736
Mixed honestly. The content isn't too hard to understand but sometimes boring (plants stuff). But what really gets me is the difficulty of the exams. The new spec especially likes to focus on so many practical and application based questions that you cannot really practice that well for.

Hows AQA?

Im finding it difficult to reach the top grades. I feel that the marks scheme is so inflexible and if you don't mention the points on the mark scheme exactly lose so many marks plus the wording or the questions and weak exam technique just trips me up ;/
Reply 5
I think the more we practice papers the more adjusted to the difficulty we would become but the problem is the lack of new spec papers.
Reply 6
Original post by Anon736
I think the more we practice papers the more adjusted to the difficulty we would become but the problem is the lack of new spec papers.

I know right! I do think that the old spec questions are somewhat useful tho, so i will use them after going through the new spec Q's.

Quick Reply

Latest