The Student Room Group

School work/exams stress & anxiety

I’m in year 11 so I’m doing my GCSE’s kinda soon over the last few months I’ve been finding it really hard to deal with all the stress and anxiety I get surrounding school work and exams. I have spoken to two different teachers (only one time each though) and neither times really helped me at all. The first teacher tried to reassure me but it didn’t really help and after that she became my mentor which kinda means she is the person I should go to if I’m worried about any school stuff or need help and then a few weeks later after a long time trying to find out what was wrong the second teacher was told by one of my friends why I was upset (having a meltdown in the back of her classroom in after school revision) and she said she’d speak to the first teacher I’d spoken to and find out the best way she could help me. This was around a week ago and neither of the teachers have said anything so I’m wondering if I should go and speak to one of them again and actually ask for help or to speak to them properly about everything I’m worried about?
The main question is what are the best ways of dealing with the stress and anxiety from school work and exams?
Hey,

Exam season can be an extremely stressful time, and what I have found to work for me personally is to air any problems I have with the teacher I feel most comfortable talking to. Another way I have dealt with stress is doing some kind of physical activity, such as the Gym or going for a run. This also comes onto the point of creating a revision timetable, this way you can split your day up and find a nice balance between revision, social activities and family activities. BUT, it has to be flexible. If you stick to a strict regime, it could deter you away from revision and push you more towards procrastination.

So you could create a timetable where you just have to complete certain tasks throughout the day but not in a specific order, and after you complete each task, give yourself a reward. I've found this extremely effective for me.

I hope this helps you overcome exam stress and anxiety, if you need tips on revision timetables or anything, feel free to respond and I will happily try to help out more.

Good Luck! :smile:
Have a read of this:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4699500

:smile:

Original post by _somegirl_x
I’m in year 11 so I’m doing my GCSE’s kinda soon over the last few months I’ve been finding it really hard to deal with all the stress and anxiety I get surrounding school work and exams. I have spoken to two different teachers (only one time each though) and neither times really helped me at all. The first teacher tried to reassure me but it didn’t really help and after that she became my mentor which kinda means she is the person I should go to if I’m worried about any school stuff or need help and then a few weeks later after a long time trying to find out what was wrong the second teacher was told by one of my friends why I was upset (having a meltdown in the back of her classroom in after school revision) and she said she’d speak to the first teacher I’d spoken to and find out the best way she could help me. This was around a week ago and neither of the teachers have said anything so I’m wondering if I should go and speak to one of them again and actually ask for help or to speak to them properly about everything I’m worried about?
The main question is what are the best ways of dealing with the stress and anxiety from school work and exams?

Quick Reply

Latest