The Student Room Group

Should I do a degree in economics

I'm leaning towards a degree in economics but I'm not sure if my a-level choices will allow me to get on the course. I'm studying Physics, English Literature and economics. I'm worried that because I didn't take a level maths most top universities won't take me seriously (although I'm relatively competent at maths achieving a grade 9 at GCSE and coping well with the maths in A-level physics). I'm predicted a level results around A*AA or A*A*A does anyone know if I would be taken seriously by some of the top universities to do a degree in economics (Bath or Durham for example)?
You can find the entry requirements on their website.
I understand that and I've seen on some of the top universities it's required (oxford and Cambridge for example) I'm just wondering if universities that don't have it as a requirement would still take my application seriously even though I haven't done A-level maths.
Original post by Oliverwhit12
I understand that and I've seen on some of the top universities it's required (oxford and Cambridge for example) I'm just wondering if universities that don't have it as a requirement would still take my application seriously even though I haven't done A-level maths.

Of course. Why would they waste your time and more importantly waste their own time?
Reply 4
Original post by Oliverwhit12
I'm leaning towards a degree in economics but I'm not sure if my a-level choices will allow me to get on the course. I'm studying Physics, English Literature and economics. I'm worried that because I didn't take a level maths most top universities won't take me seriously (although I'm relatively competent at maths achieving a grade 9 at GCSE and coping well with the maths in A-level physics). I'm predicted a level results around A*AA or A*A*A does anyone know if I would be taken seriously by some of the top universities to do a degree in economics (Bath or Durham for example)?

Yes, any university that does not require A-Level Maths will teach you the necessary mathematics and statistics from the outset to ensure you can cope with the rest of the degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending