The Student Room Group

Economics and Business for ALevel

So I'm doing my GCSE's this year and will have to choose my A levels very soon. I wanted to ask if doing both Economics and Business for A level was a bad idea. I was told some Universities might consider them the same subject but they are both things I am interested in. However, my math isn't great but I've managed to get 9's for my previous Economics exams due to English skills. I am currently considering taking Business, Economics and English Literature for A Levels but need help deciding wether or not taking both Economics and Business is a good idea. Please help!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by sanaddd
So I'm doing my GCSE's this year and will have to choose my A levels very soon. I wanted to ask if doing both Economics and Business for A level was a bad idea. I was told some Universities might consider them the same subject but they are both things I am interested in. However, my math isn't great but I've managed to get 9's for my previous Economics exams due to English skills. I am currently considering taking Business, Economics and English Literature for A Levels but need help deciding wether or not taking both Economics and Business is a good idea. Please help!

It depends on which specific degree you want to do. Whether the university consider them the same subject or not, it would clearly specify in the entry requirements of the specific degree.

For me to play it safe, I would always say to do Maths + either Economics or Business + anything else you want should you want to go into economics (with economics being the preferred subject).
Should you wish to do anything in business, business is just as good as economics, but some business degrees would ask for "well rounded" applicants so you might need to check the entry requirements all the same.

Quick Reply

Latest