The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Which South Kensington residence is best for 1st years?

Opinions?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
the south kensington ones next to the princes gardens look nice but expensive :frown:
Reply 3
Well the three South Kensington ones are Beit, Southside and Eastside. There's benefits to all of them, particularly how close they are to campus. They are all quite expensive though so, unless money is of no object, it may be worth looking at some of the other halls too. Which hall is "best" really depends on what you want.

Southside and Eastside are pretty new so have really nice facilities, ensuite rooms etc. They are however significantly more expensive than any of the other halls. They also have a reputation for not being as sociable as the others, although I haven't tended to notice that with any of the people I know living there.

Biet is also really nice, and slightly cheaper. The main issue there is that it shares a building with the Union and therefore can get very noisy when there are events going on. If you're somebody who really enjoys going out then this probably wouldn't be an issue for you as you'd likely be at the events anyway, but if you prefer to work or have early nights then I'd imagine it could be quite frustrating.

Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending