The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University (DMU) Liberty Court accommodation 2018/19 -Find your flatmates

Does anyone have any space at any accommodation? I am a first year going to start university at DMU and have been searching for accommodation now since sixth form results day with no luck. Seeing as halls are full I am now looking desperately for a reasonable accommodation within the area, as I am getting 8k maintenance loan for the year and don't want to have an expensive accommodation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could try here. It's not where I am staying but judging by the threads on here it appears to be quite popular and the website suggested it still has plenty of rooms.

https://studentstay.co.uk/properties/building/victoria-hall-leicester/

It should also be well within your loan but depends on how much you're willing to spend and such.

If that's not right, try just looking up various student accommodation. You can get a lot of student specific accommodation for quite good prices via private accommodation rather than halls.

That's going to be your only option as this point as it's likely all the halls are gone by now.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hi, I have a 2 bed house literally right on campus that needs taking over!
The rent is £80ppw which is a lot cheaper than halls! But this does not include bills. They really don't come to that much though (still costs less than living in halls).
You would need another person to live with you though so if you know anyone also in your situation or on this site then do let them know!

Message me for more details if you're interested. I'll be happy to send you photos of the house and tell you in detail how much bills came to and stuff.

Hope you get it sorted!
Reply 3
Hi, I've just canclled my accommodation at The Grange on DMU campus and am looking for someone as a replacement tenant. Its £125pw with all bills included. Ensuite room as well. PM me if you're interested.
Hi everyone

At the moment the accommodation office are asking students to log into their booking portal as normal, but if it says
there is no availability, you will need to leave a preference for either Sulets or Glassworks. They will then work our way
through the lists and allocate accommodation. You’re more than welcome to try other providers in the private sector,
but you won't be able to book rooms that have been reserved by the accommodation office through Sulets or
Glassworks directly.
If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling the Enquiry team on 0116 250 6070.
We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Reply 5
Original post by lottzrj
Hi, I've just canclled my accommodation at The Grange on DMU campus and am looking for someone as a replacement tenant. Its £125pw with all bills included. Ensuite room as well. PM me if you're interested.

Hey! is this still available ?
Original post by lottzrj

hi, is this still available.
Original post by georginaOT
Hi, I have a 2 bed house literally right on campus that needs taking over!
The rent is £80ppw which is a lot cheaper than halls! But this does not include bills. They really don't come to that much though (still costs less than living in halls).
You would need another person to live with you though so if you know anyone also in your situation or on this site then do let them know!

Message me for more details if you're interested. I'll be happy to send you photos of the house and tell you in detail how much bills came to and stuff.

Hope you get it sorted!

Hi, is this still available? Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
I' m also looking for a room and getting a bit desperate now, Sulets will only help you in a group and the accommodation team only help first year students. If anyone wants another to fill a house then please consider me. I am going into my 2nd year but dont let that put you off. Everyone I shared with last year have left uni and I wasnt sure I would come back to Dmu hence the last minute panic.
Reply 9
is this still available and if so do you have photos and length of contract?

Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by lottzrj

hi, still available?
Hey guys!

We're directing everyone to talk about accommodation on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4901228
Hi, I'm also desperate. I'm first year and I'm literally so panicked I want to cry. If anyone knows of anywhere with rooms available please, please let me know
Reply 13
Anyone in Libery Court ?
I'm in Block A Floor 1 Flat 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah Block E, Floor 5, Flat 16
Me! Block E, Floor 2, Flat 7
Reply 16
Yep! Block E, Floor 5, Flat 17
^Title^
Original post by JayN_0
Anyone in Libery Court ?
I'm in Block A Floor 1 Flat 3