The Student Room Group

Gcse revision help please help

I’ve got my GCSEs soon and go to revision for a hour after school, have a tutor on Monday for a hour and go to revision at lunch for 30 an hour everyday as well as after school. I’m aiming for 5s In the majority of things but higher in other things learning hasn’t come easy to me how much revision do you think I should do a night on top of what I’m doing and how do I keep motivation high?
It seems you are doing plenty of revision already, and once you find this helpful then you are already on a great start.
I'd suggest doing 2-3 hours after school as well, as we're in March and now is the time to push it as exams are looming closer for all of us.
As for not losing motivation, do subjects that you are struggling on and try to make learning fun. Either use flashcards to play a game of quizzing yourself, ask a family member/friend to stimulate your learning instead of doing it yourself, or use sites like Quizlet. Then, when you've grasped a topic in one of these hard subjects, I guarantee you'll feel more motivated to do another topic and it will start becoming easier. It's like doing a hard round of exercise and feeling the burn a day after - yes it hurts, but suddenly you feel more motivated because the exercise you're doing is working and you'll feel and see the reward of that soon.
Reply 2
Thank you for this it will help me a lot
Reply 3
I would say that you're definitely doing enough revision. You just don't want to be doing ineffective or inefficient revision... There have been a lot of studies into it, and basically the best revision is testing and the worst is reading through revision guides. Maybe use revision guides to help you make flashcards, mindmaps etc but also write tests for yourself whenever you're using them and then do the test a few days later. Means you'll find out how much you remember and understand, and so what areas you need to target!
I see you've been recommended quizlet above - I find this good, but have recently discovered https://senecalearning.com/ which I find more effective as the way they test is more varied and engaging, and they also teach you the topics really well.
Also worth trying to find youtubers that work well for you. I like using freesciencelessons, primrosekittens and others. But there are loads out there! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest