The Student Room Group

Living Situations

Hi!

I have recently been accepted into Hanze University in Groningen and I plan on living in my campervan in a site around an hour from the uni.

I was curious if anyone has ever done something similar, due to brexit this is my final year to live my dream and study in Holland, and unfortunately I can't afford living costs but I'm really excited to live in my van for a year or so! I know I have to register with the municipality and have a Dutch bank account to apply for tuition, I was just wanting to know the best way to go about this.

Step by step plans are so welcomed 😂😢

Thanks!!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Original post by caitlinmooneyx
Hi!

I have recently been accepted into Hanze University in Groningen and I plan on living in my campervan in a site around an hour from the uni.

I was curious if anyone has ever done something similar, due to brexit this is my final year to live my dream and study in Holland, and unfortunately I can't afford living costs but I'm really excited to live in my van for a year or so! I know I have to register with the municipality and have a Dutch bank account to apply for tuition, I was just wanting to know the best way to go about this.

Step by step plans are so welcomed 😂😢

Thanks!!

You'll need an address in order to get a BZN and you'll need the BZN (and an address) to get a bank account, unless you open a borderless account from your current location.

You might rent bricks and mortar digs on a temporary basis in order to register with the municipality, but you are supposed to notify the council when you move.

Why park an hour away? Can't you find a closer pitch and cycle?

There's info here about visiting NL in a camper van: https://www.reddit.com/r/thenetherlands/comments/4hnnh7/sleeping_in_a_van_in_the_netherlands/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending