The Student Room Group

Change in status of parent supporting my daughter’s loan application

Hi - at the time of the application I was living with my partner. We still live in the same house but are no longer a couple. Our finances are and always have been separate and I sleep in a separate room. On the form I had to fill in to support my daughter’s application I put living with partner. How can I change this as it seems to impact on the level of support my daughter will receive and that seems wrong as we are no longer a couple. Many thanks
Original post by LUFCMike70
Hi - at the time of the application I was living with my partner. We still live in the same house but are no longer a couple. Our finances are and always have been separate and I sleep in a separate room. On the form I had to fill in to support my daughter’s application I put living with partner. How can I change this as it seems to impact on the level of support my daughter will receive and that seems wrong as we are no longer a couple. Many thanks

Hi there,

We would require evidence of your separation such as a decree nisi. If you are living in the same home, we would need you to explain the situation in a cover letter and if possible, a letter from your ex partner to confirm the living arrangement if the decree nisi is not yet available to you.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

We would require evidence of your separation such as a decree nisi. If you are living in the same home, we would need you to explain the situation in a cover letter and if possible, a letter from your ex partner to confirm the living arrangement if the decree nisi is not yet available to you.

Thanks, Clare

Thanks for the response Clare - we weren’t married so will not receive a decree nisi. Would a cover letter from both of us be required instead? Many thanks
Original post by LUFCMike70
Thanks for the response Clare - we weren’t married so will not receive a decree nisi. Would a cover letter from both of us be required instead? Many thanks

Hi there,

Yes, as advised, if you are living in the same home, we would need you to explain the situation in a cover letter and if possible, a letter from your ex partner to confirm the living arrangement if the decree nisi is not yet available to you.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending