The Student Room Group

Providing proof of living away from home (Maintenance loan)

I've been living away from home since starting university, and in the upcoming academic year, I'll be moving into an apartment with my partner. Only their name is on the tenancy agreement, but I'll be contributing to the rent and living expenses. Since my name won't be on the tenancy agreement, I'm wondering how I can provide proof that I am living away from home when applying for student finance. If anyone has been in a similar situation or has advice on how to navigate this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi there,

We usually do not require evidence for your living location unless you have been selected as part of our audit checks. Can you confirm if you have received an email requesting evidence?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

We usually do not require evidence for your living location unless you have been selected as part of our audit checks. Can you confirm if you have received an email requesting evidence?

Thanks, Clare

Hi,

Sorry, I should have specified that I haven't applied for next year's student finance yet, so I haven't received an email requesting evidence. It's just that for the last two years, I have been asked to provide evidence so I just assumed it was a usual request.
Original post by pearldios
Hi,

Sorry, I should have specified that I haven't applied for next year's student finance yet, so I haven't received an email requesting evidence. It's just that for the last two years, I have been asked to provide evidence so I just assumed it was a usual request.

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you're trying to apply as independent? Are you under 25?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if you're trying to apply as independent? Are you under 25?

Thanks,
Claire

I am under 25 therefore I won't be applying as independent.
Hi there,

If you are under 25 you are considered a dependent student. With regards to your living situation, even if you have moved out of your family home and you are living with a partner, we would still income assess your application based on your parents income details. So in this case, no evidence/proof of this would be required.

Thanks David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending