The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STLAW
As long as you passed the tests you have have the same chance as everyone else regardless of how high you score :-)

Thanks guys :smile: i suppose we just have to wait and see what happens.
Let’s hope we aren’t waiting too long 😊
Reply 22
Hi!

I have also applied this year! I have passed both tests however I am aware it doesn't guarantee that I will go through to the video interview stage.

I really hope I do though! We will most likely hear back next monday/ Tuesday latest as the video interview open on Wednesday 28 March 2018.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 23
They are however only 30 places altogether for the training contracts and pupillages so still extremely competitive! :smile:
Original post by LittleMissSassy
Just saw a tweet from CPS saying 1700 applications had been received. I expected higher volumes 🤔
Reply 24
Good luck! :smile:
Original post by rsq1789
Hi all. Manchester applicant here (pupillage). Fingers crossed for the next round!
I applied for the TC too. Passed both but my application is still in hold. Does anyone know when we will hear back?
The video interview opens on Wednesday so we should hear back before then.
Hi everyone - have just discovered this thread.I applied for the pupillage. I scored 76% on verbal reasoning, and 73% on judgement test. So quite similar scores oddly!I really do wish everyone the best of luck. The process we are all going through is competitive/stressful so it's nice we are all supportive of each other on here.
Reply 28
Video Interview Emails out
Good luck everyone..
Reply 30
Just got a video interview invite. Feeling slightly nervous. Does any one know if this is just competency based or general TC type qs? I read an old thread from 2015 and apparently you could see the qs flash for 30 secs and keep practising your answer until you were ready to record. I wonder if this is still the case
Reply 31
Original post by dbdb
Just got a video interview invite. Feeling slightly nervous. Does any one know if this is just competency based or general TC type qs? I read an old thread from 2015 and apparently you could see the qs flash for 30 secs and keep practising your answer until you were ready to record. I wonder if this is still the case

Nevermind so the attached doc explains it all.
Only had a brief read so correct me if I’m wrong.... but if we can re-record answers does this mean we can access the questions to practice and submit at a later date?

Or once the link is accessed would they expect you to complete it within a certain time frame?
Two emails received today, Wednesday 28 March 2018, at 11:31am.

The video interview link is now available for those who passed both online tests.
The rerecorded interview must be completed by 13:00 on Wednesday 11 April 2018.

I hope you've all had good news and best of luck with the video interviews!
Original post by LittleMissSassy
Only had a brief read so correct me if I’m wrong.... but if we can re-record answers does this mean we can access the questions to practice and submit at a later date?

Or once the link is accessed would they expect you to complete it within a certain time frame?

The attachment seems to suggest the following:

- 2 questions posed;
- 2 minutes to respond; and
-The opportunity to re-record before submission.
Original post by RocksTheCasbah
The attachment seems to suggest the following:

- 2 questions posed;

Yeah that’s how I read it so suggests it should be done in one sitting.

I was hoping you could access it and then re-access to submit the responses. But I’m guessing that would be overly generous!!
Also invited for the video interview. Good luck everyone!
Reply 37
Don't take this as accurate as it might have changed this year...but the way it worked last year was that you get one question at a time and you have to submit the answer for it before you get to see the next question.

So you can re-record as many times per question, then submit it and get the next question.
Reply 38
so does this mean we will only get asked 2 questions only? I'm quite suprised by that. QUOTE=RocksTheCasbah;76822122]The attachment seems to suggest the following:

- 2 questions posed;
Original post by P.G
Don't take this as accurate as it might have changed this year...but the way it worked last year was that you get one question at a time and you have to submit the answer for it before you get to see the next question.

So you can re-record as many times per question, then submit it and get the next question.

Thanks 👍 it’s sounds like a similar process.
Did you go through the process last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending