The Student Room Group

Cardiff Sixth Form College

Hey everyone, I'm planning to apply to Cardiff Sixth Form College however I'm concerned about some issues.

For those who don't know, 95+% of the college students are international, I'm afraid that I'll be left over because they'll be in groups.

I'm also concerned about teachers preferring paying students over scholarship/local students.

Finally, the college had an issue about tax fraud, assuming that something happens when I go there, will my A levels results be affected? (E.g. If the college closes and I try to apply to an university).
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by CSFC
Hey everyone, I'm planning to apply to Cardiff Sixth Form College however I'm concerned about some issues.

For those who don't know, 95+% of the college students are international, I'm afraid that I'll be left over because they'll be in groups.

I'm also concerned about teachers preferring paying students over scholarship/local students.

Finally, the college had an issue about tax fraud, assuming that something happens when I go there, will my A levels results be affected? (E.g. If the college closes and I try to apply to an university).

Not if you can complete the A Levels and get references.

And yes, it'll be anti-social quite often. I live right by the college.
Hi, I am a current pupil at the college, I would say that you don't have to worry about being left out. As long as you make the first move to approach these international kids, you will be really welcomed. Don't worry if they are speaking in Chinese or whatever language, if you sit down and start talking to them they will be really friendly to you. Moreover the school is trying to promote multiculturalism so in other words people of different race are mixing with together better so don't worry and apply! Remember to come look for me if you get in :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by cs.screwed.me
Hi, I am a current pupil at the college, I would say that you don't have to worry about being left out. As long as you make the first move to approach these international kids, you will be really welcomed. Don't worry if they are speaking in Chinese or whatever language, if you sit down and start talking to them they will be really friendly to you. Moreover the school is trying to promote multiculturalism so in other words people of different race are mixing with together better so don't worry and apply! Remember to come look for me if you get in :wink:

I have applied to the college and I have an interview soon. I hope I'll be part of the September 2018 intake. Are you in year 12 by the way? How are the extra curricular activities in CSFC?
Original post by martimrgp
I have applied to the college and I have an interview soon. I hope I'll be part of the September 2018 intake. Are you in year 12 by the way? How are the extra curricular activities in CSFC?

Yah I'm in year 12, there are quite a lot of clubs that you can join. I'm only in the debate club (which I'm going to quit next year) and the rugby club, but there are a lot more to choose from. There's a rumour going on that there will be a massive change next year so I can't really tell you what it's like at the moment. Good luck with your inteviews and hope to see you next year!
Reply 6
Yah I'm in year 12, there are quite a lot of clubs that you can join. I'm only in the debate club (which I'm going to quit next year) and the rugby club, but there are a lot more to choose from. There's a rumour going on that there will be a massive change next year so I can't really tell you what it's like at the moment. Good luck with your inteviews and hope to see you next year!

I am interested in joining the NASA club and maybe a science or sports club. Thank you very much, may I ask what did you do in your interviews? (How were the GL tests, the entrance tests and the interview?) Hope to see you as well :biggrin:

hey - I'm going to CSFC , have you left already ?

Latest