The Student Room Group

When is the best time to apply for a scholarship?

Hi everyone, I'm interested in applying for Cardiff Sixth Form College (halfway through doing GCSEs right now) and I was wondering when is the best time to apply for a scholarship? And also, what type of scholarship has the best chance of being accepted? My main three options are: academics, music and art. Thanks :smile:
Original post by SableAnthem
Hi everyone, I'm interested in applying for Cardiff Sixth Form College (halfway through doing GCSEs right now) and I was wondering when is the best time to apply for a scholarship? And also, what type of scholarship has the best chance of being accepted? My main three options are: academics, music and art. Thanks :smile:

Email the college and ask - the email is on the following page:

https://www.ccoex.com/admissions/fees/apply-for-scholarships/

Hey, Im the exact situation but I actually applied before Gcses started. (I also took scholarship option) If you need any help with placement tests lmk. Ive done them and can tell you what to expect exactly.
Reply 3
Original post by stuckintheheater
Hey, Im the exact situation but I actually applied before Gcses started. (I also took scholarship option) If you need any help with placement tests lmk. Ive done them and can tell you what to expect exactly.

Ahh I see, it's just that on the website it says that they don't accept GCSE students for scholarship so I was confused. Did you apply for CSFC too?
Ahh I see, it's just that on the website it says that they don't accept GCSE students for scholarship so I was confused. Did you apply for CSFC too?

Yes I did. However there was a waiting list and limited spots.
Reply 5
Yes I did. However there was a waiting list and limited spots.

Hmm, what Year were you in when you applied? Sorry, I'm quite new to this, I came here since I was getting nothing out of Google. I'm going into Year 11 now, does that mean I could apply for csfc now and if I do get in, apply for scholarship. OR do both at once? T-T
Hmm, what Year were you in when you applied? Sorry, I'm quite new to this, I came here since I was getting nothing out of Google. I'm going into Year 11 now, does that mean I could apply for csfc now and if I do get in, apply for scholarship. OR do both at once? T-T

Talk to them now, call them and see whats up. Im going into year 12 but before I told them this they said that year 11 and 13 were looking packed. If you're one in a million student and you can really prove yourself then they will make space for you, wish you the best :smile:
Reply 7
Talk to them now, call them and see whats up. Im going into year 12 but before I told them this they said that year 11 and 13 were looking packed. If you're one in a million student and you can really prove yourself then they will make space for you, wish you the best :smile:

Ah okay, thank you so much! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest