The Student Room Group

GCSE religion and ethics

Hi so with gcses in a month i’m panicking so much !! Does anyone know possible 12 marker questions ? planning to write my answers to any possible questions they could ask in the exam so I’ve got them nailed beforehand. I’m doing Christianity and Hinduism. All help is appreciated :smile:
Learning your answers off is a good shout. I do A-level RE and I learn off essays. Have you had a look at any past papers and board are you ? I presume you are year 12 ?
Reply 2
I’m year 11. I’ve looked at all available past papers but they’re quite limited but the board is aqa. Makes a huge difference if you plan out your answers before, you don’t have to think as much so more time to go back over at the end because time is so precious !!
Original post by Bellabobs
I’m year 11. I’ve looked at all available past papers but they’re quite limited but the board is aqa. Makes a huge difference if you plan out your answers before, you don’t have to think as much so more time to go back over at the end because time is so precious !!

Have a look at CCEA. I might be able to find some stuff to help you cause I remember doing Christianity and Hinduism
Reply 4
Original post by karen193
Have a look at CCEA. I might be able to find some stuff to help you cause I remember doing Christianity and Hinduism

Checked it out but they don’t have the same style questions as aqa but thank you for recommending it.

I’ve got 12 marker examples such as
divorce is never acceptable”
war is never right”
“Abortion is immoral”
“The death penalty is wrong”
“Baptism is the most important sacrament”
“Pilgrimages are the best way to reach an understanding of Brahman”
“The resurrection is the most important part of jesus’ life”
“Protecting the environment is the most important duty in Hinduism”

I’ve planned my answers for all so I should get full marks if asked these but not sure what other statements we could be given
Checked it out but they don’t have the same style questions as aqa but thank you for recommending it.

I’ve got 12 marker examples such as
divorce is never acceptable”
war is never right”
“Abortion is immoral”
“The death penalty is wrong”
“Baptism is the most important sacrament”
“Pilgrimages are the best way to reach an understanding of Brahman”
“The resurrection is the most important part of jesus’ life”
“Protecting the environment is the most important duty in Hinduism”

I’ve planned my answers for all so I should get full marks if asked these but not sure what other statements we could be given

That's a good selection. We were told to boost our marks , quote loads from sacred texts. If you need any additional points I'll happily help
Hi so with gcses in a month i’m panicking so much !! Does anyone know possible 12 marker questions ? planning to write my answers to any possible questions they could ask in the exam so I’ve got them nailed beforehand. I’m doing Christianity and Hinduism. All help is appreciated :smile:

I got an 8 in my Religious Studies mock...eee!!! I love it!!!
Reply 7
Original post by HettiBetti
I got an 8 in my Religious Studies mock...eee!!! I love it!!!

congrats that’s amazing !! Nothing stopping you from getting a 9 :smile:))
congrats that’s amazing !! Nothing stopping you from getting a 9 :smile:))

Thanks..but...I find it really hard and lately struggling to revise for it..I am scared..:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by HettiBetti
Thanks..but...I find it really hard and lately struggling to revise for it..I am scared..:frown:

Thats’s how I was feeling last week but I bought a big notepad and i’ve literally written my answers for any possible question they could ask for the 4 sections. There’s no better way to revise a subject than to practice questions. As long as you know the structure and the content you will do fine !

Quick Reply

Latest