The Student Room Group

graduate medicine reapplicant

this will be the third time i apply for medicine. i applied after school, didnt want to do it. applied in the final year, did want to do it, but got rejected after 2 interviews.

is it frowned upon to reapply for medicine as a graduate?

i want to do medicine but i dont want to be inferior amongst my peers/society. i am afraid that i will be looked down at.

but after getting 2 interviews this cycle i feel like i was/am so close to getting, and i dont want to give up now.
Reply 1
Original post by TheRevivedMedic
this will be the third time i apply for medicine. i applied after school, didnt want to do it. applied in the final year, did want to do it, but got rejected after 2 interviews.

i want to do medicine but i dont want to be inferior amongst my peers/society. i am afraid that i will be looked down at.

but after getting 2 interviews this cycle i feel like i was/am so close to getting, and i dont want to give up now.

Lol yeah, graduates are seen as being stupid. That’s why they have Graduate only medical courses, can’t have the stupid mixing with the school Leaver elites 😜

Why on Earth would you think you would appear as inferior? What is your current degree?

There are people who are determined enough to see it through. In your situation I would get feedback, weigh up the cost/ risks and then reapply..

You will definitely not be looked down upon. Graduate entry medicine is really competitive and everyone realises that - getting an offer after three or four attempts is not uncommon.

Have you received any feedback from the medical schools which you interviewed at?
Original post by ahorey
Lol yeah, graduates are seen as being stupid. That’s why they have Graduate only medical courses, can’t have the stupid mixing with the school Leaver elites 😜

Why on Earth would you think you would appear as inferior? What is your current degree?

Genetics from Glasgow

Original post by Democracy
You will definitely not be looked down upon. Graduate entry medicine is really competitive and everyone realises that - getting an offer after three or four attempts is not uncommon.

Have you received any feedback from the medical schools which you interviewed at?

have asked but havent heard anything yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending