The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational psychology doubts.. is it a good career?

Hi,

I applied and got offers from a few universities to study Occupational psychology part-time.
While not the most exciting (and not my initial choice), I find the topic ok and I chose it as the Occupational psychologist career seems quite interesting and versatile.
Lately, I started doubting my choice as people that are doing it as a module with me at University are complaining of how boring and meaningless it is. Although that might also be due to the lecturer just reading from the slides during lectures.
Can anyone that is doing this Masters tell me about it and why you chose it?
Original post by Milù
Hi,

I applied and got offers from a few universities to study Occupational psychology part-time.
While not the most exciting (and not my initial choice), I find the topic ok and I chose it as the Occupational psychologist career seems quite interesting and versatile.
Lately, I started doubting my choice as people that are doing it as a module with me at University are complaining of how boring and meaningless it is. Although that might also be due to the lecturer just reading from the slides during lectures.
Can anyone that is doing this Masters tell me about it and why you chose it?

It very much sounds like you are jumping into the masters for the sake of it and don't really know if it is required or what working in the field may be like. You may want to do some research and maybe get some work experience to work out what you want to do before wasting a load of time effort and money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending