The Student Room Group

Vet schools:Brno vs Kosice vs Warsaw vs Lublin

Which of these veterinary schools would you recommend and why? What's the teaching style/student/course/city/teachers like? Any tips of affording tuition costs?
I would like to enquire about the same. I hope we get a reply.:smile:
Reply 2
There are loads of threads similar to this but it's hard to get an answer because generally people only experience studying at one and will be biased towards their school!

I study at Kosice and love it here. The teaching is great, class sizes are small and we get to do lots of practical stuff. Teachers are pretty nice, their English is fine and as you progress through years the more senior teachers are even better. The city is geared towards students as there's also a Medic/Dentist uni so has everything we need. Flights home are cheap and it's easy to travel to bigger cities like Budapest, Prague and Krakow.
We have EAEVE Approval and Accreditation; only RVC and Nottingham in the UK have Accreditation.

I've visited Brno (nearly applied) and loved their modern campus but there is no post-BSc course plus it's more expensive for fees and living costs. Students said teachers are a lot stricter and give surprise credit tests which put me off :laugh:
Warsaw is meant to be a nice city - never spoken to anyone studying at Lublin.
Original post by lwescott
There are loads of threads similar to this but it's hard to get an answer because generally people only experience studying at one and will be biased towards their school!

I study at Kosice and love it here. The teaching is great, class sizes are small and we get to do lots of practical stuff. Teachers are pretty nice, their English is fine and as you progress through years the more senior teachers are even better. The city is geared towards students as there's also a Medic/Dentist uni so has everything we need. Flights home are cheap and it's easy to travel to bigger cities like Budapest, Prague and Krakow.
We have EAEVE Approval and Accreditation; only RVC and Nottingham in the UK have Accreditation.

I've visited Brno (nearly applied) and loved their modern campus but there is no post-BSc course plus it's more expensive for fees and living costs. Students said teachers are a lot stricter and give surprise credit tests which put me off :laugh:
Warsaw is meant to be a nice city - never spoken to anyone studying at Lublin.

May be a bit late but I am interested in Brno but have a few question as it is relavent to me and you

How are you funding your degree?
How are you fulfilling your extra mural studies? (If u intend to work in UK)
Reply 4
I worked full time for a year between my first degree and vet school and did seasonal work during the summer holidays but essentially my family funded my degree.
EMS I did lots of but the requirement is actually very little, you should still be able to get lots of placements in the UK or wherever you intend to work
I worked full time for a year between my first degree and vet school and did seasonal work during the summer holidays but essentially my family funded my degree.
EMS I did lots of but the requirement is actually very little, you should still be able to get lots of placements in the UK or wherever you intend to work

Thank you so much for answering. If you don't mind, I have a few more questions:

How do you travel from UK to Brno- is it expensive?...
What is your accommodation like?
Is the overall cost of living in Brno high?
Reply 6
I studied in Kosice but I have visited Brno a few times. I used to fly from Doncaster or Luton to Kosice with Wizz Air and I think they also fly to Brno.
Dorms are fairly cheap and private rent can be as expensive as you like! I used to pay €200 a month for a shared house.
Living costs are generally cheaper than the UK
Reply 7
I studied in Kosice but I have visited Brno a few times. I used to fly from Doncaster or Luton to Kosice with Wizz Air and I think they also fly to Brno.
Dorms are fairly cheap and private rent can be as expensive as you like! I used to pay €200 a month for a shared house.
Living costs are generally cheaper than the UK

I'm thinking of applying to kosice or brno for the 6 yr course, how many uk/irish students are there in each intake ? what are the surrounding areas like ? is there access to countryside/mountains in either location ? also are there many extra curricular clubs/events ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending