The Student Room Group

Help with English lit

I need some help in English lit bcz I came late to this country and English ain't my 1 language so I don't sit with normal students in the classroom my class is different and our tchr didn't even start teaching lit yet she said I will but later and now I m stress coz gcse r so closed we don't have enough time so I wanna revise by myself at home so plz give me some key points or ideas so atleast I can pass my lit exam
Do you know what section of poems you’re doing or literature pieces you will study ?
Original post by Dil123
I need some help in English lit bcz I came late to this country and English ain't my 1 language so I don't sit with normal students in the classroom my class is different and our tchr didn't even start teaching lit yet she said I will but later and now I m stress coz gcse r so closed we don't have enough time so I wanna revise by myself at home so plz give me some key points or ideas so atleast I can pass my lit exam

hello! im in the same position as you! i came late to this country and 2 years behind, are you doing your gcses this year?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Yah I m doing this year
Have you started reading the texts yet? Don't want to sound negative, but if you haven't read the books and poems in the exam this is going to be a very difficult challenge.
Reply 5
Not really sure but I can ask my teacher
Original post by _ellagrayy
Do you know what section of poems you’re doing or literature pieces you will study ?
Reply 6
I started reading poems but like I also need to know about blood brothers and Macbeth so like what r the key points?? that's what I'm tryna finding
Original post by Lit teacher
Have you started reading the texts yet? Don't want to sound negative, but if you haven't read the books and poems in the exam this is going to be a very difficult challenge.
Original post by Dil123
I started reading poems but like I also need to know about blood brothers and Macbeth so like what r the key points?? that's what I'm tryna finding

There are some good notes here: https://www.bbc.com/education/examspecs/zxqncwx

You should be able to read Blood Brothers so I would start with that. Macbeth and the language of Shakespeare will be more of a challenge.

Quick Reply

Latest