The Student Room Group

LIPA response

Did anyone do their audition on the 28th of March for music? or in march at all, if so have you got a response from them yet?
Original post by NJB2000
Did anyone do their audition on the 28th of March for music? or in march at all, if so have you got a response from them yet?

When did they say they would reply from? Make an enquiry at the end of the month imo unless they said otherwise. Maybe they have a lot more auditions to do and only at the end will they decide?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
When did they say they would reply from? Make an enquiry at the end of the month imo unless they said otherwise. Maybe they have a lot more auditions to do and only at the end will they decide?

they didn't mention when they would reply but i know the deadline is the 4th of march?
Original post by NJB2000
they didn't mention when they would reply but i know the deadline is the 4th of march?

Deadline for what? A reply? How could the deadline be 4th Match if you say you did your audition on 28th of March? Are you saying it would be just over 11 months later? For audition, then they can happen over a long period of time and they might not review till theyve seen everyone?

It gives no indication on the website.I would wait another week or you can drop them an e-mail, just be polite and say you realise they are busy and they have to see many candidates, but could they give you a rough estimate about when you might hear by, then mention you were auditioned on the 28th. If you are polite and concise they wont mind.

https://www.lipa.ac.uk/applying/after-youve-applied

[email protected]
Reply 4
Deadline for what? A reply? How could the deadline be 4th Match if you say you did your audition on 28th of March? Are you saying it would be just over 11 months later? For audition, then they can happen over a long period of time and they might not review till theyve seen everyone?

It gives no indication on the website.I would wait another week or you can drop them an e-mail, just be polite and say you realise they are busy and they have to see many candidates, but could they give you a rough estimate about when you might hear by, then mention you were auditioned on the 28th. If you are polite and concise they wont mind.

[email protected]

Pretty sure he/she means 4th May for deadline.
Original post by IS1968
Pretty sure he/she means 4th May for deadline.

Doesn't really help me and doesnt tie in with them having the audition on 28th.
Reply 6
Doesn't really help me and doesnt tie in with them having the audition on 28th.

Universities have to let applicants know their offer, via UCAS, by around May 4th. LIPA had auditions at least up to March 28th, maybe beyond, and are taking their time letting people know their decision. The wait causes worry to students who would like to sort out their accommodation. Not long to wait, but still torturous.
Original post by IS1968
Universities have to let applicants know their offer, via UCAS, by around May 4th. LIPA had auditions at least up to March 28th, maybe beyond, and are taking their time letting people know their decision. The wait causes worry to students who would like to sort out their accommodation. Not long to wait, but still torturous.

Apologies i misread your post. Its easy to answer when ops keep an eye on their threads.
I dont think the accommodation (unless its something specific to LIPA? ) is an issue as most isnt allocated properly until after results in August. I would ahve to read the LIPA rules, but will wait to see whether the OP can solve their initial dilemma first.
Reply 8

[email protected]

no no, sorry my mistake, the deadline is the 4th of may, so i know i have a couple weeks but was just wondering if anyone else was getting their responses yet, thank you for the help
Original post by NJB2000
no no, sorry my mistake, the deadline is the 4th of may, so i know i have a couple weeks but was just wondering if anyone else was getting their responses yet, thank you for the help

I understand the fretting, but imo I would just be patient as there reply could easily be the next two weeks, which doesnt really get you anywhere. Obviously if they havent said s by the deadline, then you should ring them.
Reply 10
Original post by NJB2000

Any luck yet?
Reply 11
No luck yet, just going to wait for the deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending