The Student Room Group

Failed interview

Hi guys, so basically,I recently attended a midwifery interview at south bank London university but I was rejected for it because I didn't pass the assessment and that uni was the only uni left for me because my predicted grades was really low so every universities rejected me and now south bank London did the same thing. I really want to go uni this year even tho it's quite funny and ridiculous cos my predicted grades is lowbut I really need help. Does anyone know if midwifery in south bank London uni is down for clearing or is full or can I do a foundation degree In another uni and move to south bank when I get the degree? Thank you
Original post by Urfavarmy
Hi guys, so basically,I recently attended a midwifery interview at south bank London university but I was rejected for it because I didn't pass the assessment and that uni was the only uni left for me because my predicted grades was really low so every universities rejected me and now south bank London did the same thing. I really want to go uni this year even tho it's quite funny and ridiculous cos my predicted grades is lowbut I really need help. Does anyone know if midwifery in south bank London uni is down for clearing or is full or can I do a foundation degree In another uni and move to south bank when I get the degree? Thank you

If you do a foundation year and do well you can apply for another Uni for a 3 year! See what south bank unis want from you and ask if they'll accept your foundation year as entry. I might even do that myself, depending on how things go. I picked a Uni that's not very high ranked Uni (not that I mind but I still may move lol).

Just food for thought if you choose the foundation route.

Oh and my foundation year is linked to a 3 year degree, it's not separate. But it's also not binding :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
@gussssss thanks very much. BTW, do u knw any uni that does a foundation degree for Midwifery? I searched it up and there's barely any
@gussssss thanks very much. BTW, do u knw any uni that does a foundation degree for Midwifery? I searched it up and there's barely any

I don't, I do Comp Sci :frown:. You're right there is about 2! Weird, medicine has foundation years. From what I understand you only have predicted grades. Advice? Work REALLY hard. Midwifery is so hard to get into as you know, could Keele University be an option just for a year? You'd be fully funded.

Edit: Birmingham City Uni want

A levelCCCGeneral Studies and Critical Thinking not included
That's good. Don't think it matters what Uni you go really as long as you do well in the foundation year, basically just using them lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
And oh wait, could you not do a different degree foundation year that provides you with the same experience you need for midwifery? Like I'd do physics or maths (for computer science) if I was in your situation etc.
Reply 5
@gussssss thanks a lot. I'll check those unis out. I sincerely appreciate it

Hi, I’m sorry to hear you were unsuccessful with your application. It’s hard to know if midwifery will go into clearing this year, it is a very competitive course but it’s worth seeing on the day.
You could apply for next year depending on the grades you get, you would have to opportunity to gain more experience to that will help toward your studies.
Do you know why you didn’t pass the assessment? It might help you improve for next time if you choose to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending