The Student Room Group

Scottish Government - Various Policy and Operational Roles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ms_Kx
I was supposed to be based in victoria quay in Edinburgh, which would have been a 4 hour commute each day for me. I called to enquire about flexible working, or to turn down the role basically. They said they're willing for me to work at atlantic quay in glasgow rather than have me walk away, with occasional travel through to Edinburgh.

Ah that’s good! It gives me some hope that they might let me do something similar. It’s so frustrating to think we’ve got this far but then you might not be able to accept the job because of the time and cost involved in commuting.
Reply 781
Has anyone received any updates today? Trying to unclench and get a bit zen about it "there will be details when there are details" - this is definitely stretching the definition of "the next few days" though!
Original post by mp456
Has anyone received any updates today? Trying to unclench and get a bit zen about it "there will be details when there are details" - this is definitely stretching the definition of "the next few days" though!

my offer came through this morning
Mine too.
Original post by mp456

Have you checked your junk mail box? I was impatiently waiting for my contract only to find it in my junk mail 2 days after it was sent..
Nothing here 😟

It's been long enough now that the other day I found myself going back and checking the original offer email just to confirm that I hadn't imagined it! I'm telling myself that if it isn't today then maybe they are doing mass offers on Fridays seeing as lots of people seemed to get them last Friday but that's mostly just me trying to make myself feel better about the wait.
Reply 786
Oh congrats! Hope you got what you were after directorate/location-wise.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just checked my junk but not there yet, practising deep breathing now :bebored:
I still haven’t heard anything either! Those who heard back today - can I ask what depts you’ve been placed in? Are you happy with your placements?
Can I check, are you all still talking about the conditional offers dependent on pre-employment checks? Has anyone received a formal offer yet (with a start date etc)?
Reply 789
I still haven't received any details beyond "conditional offer" i.e. no idea what the job will be
Original post by Dizzymagpie
Can I check, are you all still talking about the conditional offers dependent on pre-employment checks? Has anyone received a formal offer yet (with a start date etc)?

No, i just meant i'd found out where I was being placed. Glasgow thankfully!
I emailed on Tuesday and they said they hoped to be done in a week. I just rang as I was unsure what the job/subject meant and they couldn’t have been nicer. Email them to see if you can get an idea where they’re at. It’s so hard trying to be patient!
Reply 792
Original post by bluemonkeystar
I emailed on Tuesday and they said they hoped to be done in a week. I just rang as I was unsure what the job/subject meant and they couldn’t have been nicer. Email them to see if you can get an idea where they’re at. It’s so hard trying to be patient!

Thanks - I emailed this morning for an update but haven't received a reply yet, might call if I haven't heard any more by Monday.
I emailed yesterday asking if they needed anything else from me re. pre-employment check but I've not heard back. I've completed the health surveillance and got my current employer to email confirming my length of service.

You're right, everyone I've been in touch with has been lovely and I feel for them, they must be so busy dealing with all of us. I'm just itching to make it official and hand my resignation in :excited:

EDIT:
Just received a reply saying-
"We have everything we need from you and will be in touch in due course to confirm your start date."
(edited 5 years ago)
Still waiting on details of what my role and location will be on my end!

After the email I received the other day, that I mentioned a few posts back, regarding the mix-up of them asking for my working pattern again I got an email this morning acknowledging my reply to that email and that they hope to send a contract out within the net few days. So looking like it could possibly spill into next week too for those of us still waiting anxiously aha!
I emailed yesterday asking if they needed anything else from me re. pre-employment check but I've not heard back. I've completed the health surveillance and got my current employer to email confirming my length of service.

You're right, everyone I've been in touch with has been lovely and I feel for them, they must be so busy dealing with all of us. I'm just itching to make it official and hand my resignation in :excited:

EDIT:
Just received a reply saying-
"We have everything we need from you and will be in touch in due course to confirm your start date."

I spoke to them too to get a bit more info on the role and they were really helpful. Do you think we'll be able to negotiate a start date to suit?
I wondered if they'd prefer us to start in groups to get through the training in bulk?
I wondered if they'd prefer us to start in groups to get through the training in bulk?

Yeah I was thinking that too. I was hoping it would be a mid October start
That would be perfect for me :biggrin:
Reply 799
Anybody else asked the question if being PVG registered can be accepted instead of the basic disclosure? I've asked the question but waiting on a response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending