The Student Room Group

Home Office - Customer Services Group -

Anyone applied to the Home Office - Customer Services Group - Administrative Officer (AO) - Various Roles role in Birmingham and have they heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied though not the Birmingham location. I'm still waiting for the results my status finally changed to awaiting interview results, so far I believe the second tranch is still awaiting interview results. Hopefully we should hear back soon
I interviewed on 9th Jan. still says interview slot booked on the portal.
Hey, I applied on 25/11/2022 and latest info is from 25/01/2023 and is still on "Awaiting interview results". I feel like they may take until March 2023 for any final interview results to be processed. Some people have stated of getting results by January 2023 for those who applied back in November last year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Maxi2011
Hey, I applied on 25/11/2022 and latest info is from 25/01/2023 and is still on "Awaiting interview results". I feel like they may take until March 2023 for any final interview results to be processed. Some people have stated of getting results by January 2023 for those who applied back in November last year.

Wow that was a long wait for them! I don’t think we’ll hear back this month. What’s taking them so long?
Original post by Salma27810
Wow that was a long wait for them! I don’t think we’ll hear back this month. What’s taking them so long?

Yes, it seems quite sometime. Mine is about for "various locations" and I applied from London. I hope we all find about it soon and best of luck to everyone who has been trying hard to get to the bottom of it getting anxious in the process as sometimes you may not get what you expect even after the hard work.

Hey, I finally got my results this morning and was unsuccessful with a 14 scores overall. This was for one of those entry level positions so in the end they are still very complicated to many other common roles on private sectors. Wish you good luck to all those out there still taking exams. I wasn't expecting much considering all the efforts needed for this entry level work I imagine those on junior position roles are mostly covered internally or they make it extra hard to take anybody externally.
Hey, I finally got my results this morning and was unsuccessful with a 14 scores overall. This was for one of those entry level positions so in the end they are still very complicated to many other common roles on private sectors. Wish you good luck to all those out there still taking exams. I wasn't expecting much considering all the efforts needed for this entry level work I imagine those on junior position roles are mostly covered internally or they make it extra hard to take anybody externally.

Got my results this morning too. I’ve been unsuccessful with a score of 11. I thought 12 was the pass score? Aren’t you on the reserve list? Was this for London?
Got my results this morning too. I’ve been unsuccessful with a score of 11. I thought 12 was the pass score? Aren’t you on the reserve list? Was this for London?

Ohh no, sorry to hear that. Well I wasn't told anything about being in the reserve list but instead was directly negated saying they reviewed the interview panel results already so it can't be revaluated. This was for London but remotely too (I am not being considered anymore). I think it has to do with various scores you get from the final interview as they may want 4 or above on each of the behaviours sections.
Reply 9
Just got offered one of these roles, anyone else doing it?
Reply 10
Original post by Ruby Woo 83

Waoooh Congratulations..
I was sent a mail for the next stage of pre-recorded video interview..
Can you shade more light on this please?
Hey, thanks!

To be honest I don't remember the interview (I did it back around Feb and since applied for about 6 different roles so have done quite a few interviews and they all felt a bit samey) so unfortunately I can't give you any hints to the questions but they were all pretty basic, so don't sweat it!

It was actually my first ever CS interview and I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect, but it was actually all fine.

You'll do great!
Reply 12
Hey, thanks!

To be honest I don't remember the interview (I did it back around Feb and since applied for about 6 different roles so have done quite a few interviews and they all felt a bit samey) so unfortunately I can't give you any hints to the questions but they were all pretty basic, so don't sweat it!

It was actually my first ever CS interview and I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect, but it was actually all fine.

You'll do great!

Okay thanks for the updates👍 I appreciate
Is anyone working in this role? If so, how do you like it and what does the job entail?
Reply 14

Please how can you help me,I just submitted an application for Customer Services Group (EO),how can I prepare for the next stage.?
Reply 15
Anyone started this job yet? In liverpool? Enjoying it?
Reply 16
Original post by Kjc21
Anyone started this job yet? In liverpool? Enjoying it?

Yes, I have started in January 2024. Ended up with a work offer called Litigation Caseworker which looks at various legal challenges raised by the members of the public and how to assist them with visa & immigration policies. Is nothing but a glorified “customer services centre” under the government department. There is no easy way of internal transferring once you accept the job offer (be happy with the result or don’t take it). I have mostly worked as a technical support advisor so this is completely different for me personally and having to commute from London isn’t easy. I wish I was told in advance about the location not 1 week before commencing job role.

Also, was told by my colleagues and members this is the hardest working department for the home office so not helping the cause. Sadly, I have resigned long ago from my position before so couldn’t reject the offer or would be back to be unemployed.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 17
Yes, I have started in January 2024. Ended up with a work offer called Litigation Caseworker which looks at various legal challenges raised by the members of the public and how to assist them with visa & immigration policies. Is nothing but a glorified “customer services centre” under the government department. There is no easy way of internal transferring once you accept the job offer (be happy with the result or don’t take it). I have mostly worked as a technical support advisor so this is completely different for me personally and having to commute from London isn’t easy. I wish I was told in advance about the location not 1 week before commencing job role.

Also, was told by my colleagues and members this is the hardest working department for the home office so not helping the cause. Sadly, I have resigned long ago from my position before so couldn’t reject the offer or would be back to be unemployed.

Thank you for replying, i was worried this may be the case so I didn’t take the offer. I hope it improves for you
Reply 18
Original post by Kjc21
Thank you for replying, i was worried this may be the case so I didn’t take the offer. I hope it improves for you

Yes, thank you stranger. I thought people should know the experience with the Government Recruitment Services being poor and truly living to their ill famed reputation. If you can keep working in the private sector and job-hopping for a greater cause by all means do it! If you have experience more than 1 year in something then any other profession is suitable. Do not take this opportunity to work as a civil servant unless it’s your first job out of university or don’t have a degree, tbh!

I just wanted to share my experience as these people make candidates wait so long and gave me PTSD having to check for the “update” email coming from the Civil Service portal. I won’t be ever applying for any further position with them that’s for sure.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 19
Yes, thank you stranger. I thought people should know the experience with the Government Recruitment Services being poor and truly living to their ill famed reputation. If you can keep working in the private sector and job-hopping for a greater cause by all means do it! If you have experience more than 1 year in something then any other profession is suitable. Do not take this opportunity to work as a civil servant unless it’s your first job out of university or don’t have a degree, tbh!

I just wanted to share my experience as these people make candidates wait so long and gave me PTSD having to check for the “update” email coming from the Civil Service portal. I won’t be ever applying for any further position with them that’s for sure.

I appreciate your honest opinion, it’s hard to find people’s opinions once they have started as they don’t come back to the forum. I hope your experience you are gaining now goes in your favour for your future employments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending