The Student Room Group

tired and stressed

my head hurts , i dont eat much, no exercise at all
HOW DO YOU STOP STRESSING
Try yoga, apparently it actually helps. Calms the mind and all that
If you eat regularly, exercise and take breaks you will beat the stress. You need to look after yourself, or your mind will not function well.

I know this is important. It seems the most important thing ever right now. But ask yourself this: what is the very worst thing that can happen? The worst thing is you will not get the grades you want to get. Now, there is a solution to that. You re-sit the exams again. You do better next time. My point is - there is nothing here that is irrevocable. If you do badly, you can put that right. You will get another chance. Knowing this should take some of the pressure off. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is worth you getting so upset about.

Let's do a re-boot right now. Go back and make a realistic plan for your revision, that builds in breaks. Reward yourself with some time off in the evening, or at lunchtime, with a walk outside, or a trip to the gym. Stop for meals. This allows the mind to switch off, take in the information you've been revising, so you can come back to your desk refreshed and ready for more. You will find yourself far more productive than just sitting at your desk furiously trying to revise.

Remember: A break is not bunking off, a break is a way of allowing your brain the time to absorb information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending