The Student Room Group

Sleeping problems

Every night I’m always up. Cannot sleep. WELP.

Any tips how to sleep?
Reply 1
You need to do something physical activities like workout or exercise that you would tired so you can have deep sleep ...
Reply 2
Why aren't you sleeping exactly, is it just that you're sleep procrastinating or just laying in bed and not able to shut off?
For the latter; make sure your sleep schedule is correct, if it is currently out of whack; fix it, how? wake up at a consistent time always and use sleep aids if need be, get good exercise/activity during the day, make sure you're getting all the vitamins and minerals you need from food, supplements can also help in sleep, I've found success with 5HTP, green tea, L theanine, CBD oil, and Montmorency cherry and set a good sleep enviroment; make sure you're not too hot and that your room is as dark as possible.

the sleep aids i mentioned could be something such as kalms which you can get online or in stores but I must advise you to only take it to help fix your sleep schedule if you need to sleep early, avoid using it consecutively as this will make your body become resistant

If its procastination problems I'm not sure how to fix that, best bet would be to move distraction devices to a seperate room so you dont distract yourself when trying to sleep.
Original post by elixirhtc
You need to do something physical activities like workout or exercise that you would tired so you can have deep sleep ...

do them earlier in the day and not right before your bed time.
Original post by jporter896

Any tips how to sleep?

Try working out during the day, that way you'll be more tired and maybe it'll be easier to fall asleep. Also make sure you're not thinking too much about things that stress you out.
Original post by jporter896

Any tips how to sleep?

Here's some info from Andrew Huberman (Neuroscientist at Stanford)

- Make sure you get sunlight as soon as you wake up. This sets your circadian rhythm (internal clock) and literally dictates when you are tired. It should get to a point that the first thing you think of when you wake up is that you need to get sunlight into your eyes.

- Don't get "Blue Light" before 7ish PM. Turn on your "Night Light" or "Blue Light Filter" mode on you phone, PC, laptop etc and stop all blue light coming in. Blue light signified daylight to your circadian rhythm and makes you stay up.

- Work enough during the day and you should feel tired. Go to the gym or at least go for a walk daily. If you're not tired then take that as an indication that you have not strained yourself enough.

WATCH THIS WHOLE THING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2aWYjSA1Jc
Reply 6
i read this chat and tbh
i get what the guy means i hve been suffering frm insomnia from the age of 10 and none of this stuff seems to help
so is there anythin else to do
JF ZAK

Quick Reply

Latest