The Student Room Group

Crap at english lit a level

At GCSE I got full marks Grade 9 at AQA GCSE English Lit.
However, at a A Level for one teacher I am consistently getting a Band 3 out of 5 and am feeling really low.
I know my essay writing needs to be better but I don't know how to do it. My teacher tries to explain it but it honestly will not go in.
I love English, it's my one true passion in life but I feel so shite knowing how bad I am it, especially after my GCSE result last year

Help?
don't worry too much- you're meant to get worse before you get better and you haven't actually got worse, you've just sorta stayed at the same level of writing, but with harsher marking applied.

Writing 'better' essays is hard af but try reading some really good/ 'exemplar' essays online/ by peers to get some inspo and when writing an essay really look at the AOs and make sure you've done the right amount of each one
Reply 2
Original post by meredith2017
don't worry too much- you're meant to get worse before you get better and you haven't actually got worse, you've just sorta stayed at the same level of writing, but with harsher marking applied.

Writing 'better' essays is hard af but try reading some really good/ 'exemplar' essays online/ by peers to get some inspo and when writing an essay really look at the AOs and make sure you've done the right amount of each one

Thank you!
Will highlight AOs when going through essays x
I know that I'm never going to be at an A* from day one, I just expected to be higher than what I'm at.

Quick Reply

Latest