The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How strict are Imperial College computer science offers?

Hi all,

I have an offer or Master's in Computing at Imperial College London, which has been accepted as my firm choice on UCAS. My offer is A*AAA with a 2 in STEP I, and an A in EPQ; my A level subjects are Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.

Recently I got my EPQ mark back: 32. Obviously that is subject to moderation, but there is no way that would ever be an A. My question is whether or not I might still be able to go to Imperial for my course if I were to not meet the A for my Extended Project. If instead I met my predicted grades, A*A*A*A with a 1 in STEP I, but received a D in EPQ, I would perhaps like to think I would still be accepted, but I do not know how strict they are in their offers.

It is my plan to email Admissions either this evening or tomorrow to ask whether they might adjust my offer without EPQ, but I'd like to prepare myself for worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance.
I'm just going to move this thread so it shows in both Computer Science and IT and Imperial College forums and give it a bump - hopefully someone should see this and reply :h:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I think it depends on how many others miss their offer conditions and by how much. I know some people got in last year who missed their STEP condition by one grade. I haven't heard of anyone's offer conditions being adjusted beforehand though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending