The Student Room Group

s3 exam question will i get full marks?

https://i.imgur.com/Eek5zqk.jpg
in a chi test when working out the test statistic for contengency tables or any
do I have to draw the table like that or can u just write down the formula and workout the test statistic on calculator, will I loose marks if I don't draw the whole table. it feels like I can save a lot of time by not drawing the table .
Original post by assassinbunny123
https://i.imgur.com/Eek5zqk.jpg
in a chi test when working out the test statistic for contengency tables or any
do I have to draw the table like that or can u just write down the formula and workout the test statistic on calculator, will I loose marks if I don't draw the whole table. it feels like I can save a lot of time by not drawing the table .

You need to show sufficient working to demonstrate to the examiner that a valid method is being employed, so if you want to be on the safe side, you should draw the table. I'll page some people who are more conversant with the specifics of exam rubrics than I am to confirm:

@tiny hobbit
@Notnek
Original post by Prasiortle
You need to show sufficient working to demonstrate to the examiner that a valid method is being employed, so if you want to be on the safe side, you should draw the table. I'll page some people who are more conversant with the specifics of exam rubrics than I am to confirm:

alrighty.
just curious what do you do. do you like draw the whole table it's takes for ever when I do it.
Original post by assassinbunny123
alrighty.
just curious what do you do. do you like draw the whole table it's takes for ever when I do it.

I'm way past school level and am not a statistician, hence why I've tagged in some people who are more familiar with what's currently expected by the exam boards.
Original post by Prasiortle

@tiny hobbit
@Notnek

I have no experience of examining or teaching S3 so have no knowledge of what should be written down.
Original post by tiny hobbit
I have no experience of examining or teaching S3 so have no knowledge of what should be written down.

OK, thanks for your time anyway. Hopefully Notnek will post soon with an answer.

Quick Reply

Latest