The Student Room Group

How much revision should I be doing a weekend for gcse?

Hey guys so my first exam is on the 14th May! 9 days!!!! I’ve been doing a solid 3-4 hours on weekdays and around 5-7 hours on a weekend... I was wondering how much the average 16 year old year 11 student should do a weekend?
I guess it really depends what you get up to during that time. What do you have planned for today ?
Reply 2
Original post by Kiwimuncher28
I guess it really depends what you get up to during that time. What do you have planned for today ?

I’m at the library and I’ve done half an hour work as I only got here half an hour ago... I’m not the smartest person in general that’s why I wanna do extra revision to get into my sixth form - I was wondering if 6-7 hours is the amount an average student would study in year 11
Well that’s about 12 hours if you count your school day and towards the end of it , most of it won’t be that productive because you’ll be tired. I’d say 3-4 hours is enough as long as it’s productive. I guess because times looming , I’d focus on past papers. As long as you focus on 3/4 subjects a night I’m sure you’ll be good. I’m in the same boat as you
Reply 4
Original post by Kiwimuncher28
Well that’s about 12 hours if you count your school day and towards the end of it , most of it won’t be that productive because you’ll be tired. I’d say 3-4 hours is enough as long as it’s productive. I guess because times looming , I’d focus on past papers. As long as you focus on 3/4 subjects a night I’m sure you’ll be good. I’m in the same boat as you

Thanks for the help, good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest