The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level Psychology Discussion Paper 1 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elite360
Yeh tbh the paper was good. What did you tick for the infant mother interaction 1 markers? how to reduce investigator effects? Type of observation?

The multi choice one was a bit weird coz the choices were all similar - but I picked the ones that said ‘the baby...’ rather than ‘the mother...’ because the question asked how the ‘infant’ does it. But I wasn’t sure.
Interactions synchrony was the one that said ‘in time’ & reciprocity was the other one.

The investigator effect, I was bit all over the place.
But I said you should use a ‘structured interview & get an independent observer not at the concert’ (& I was gonna say do a single/double blind procedure but I wasn’t sure if that would make sense).

The type of observation? If you’re talking about the Q from the social influence section, I said it was Covert.
Original post by LifeIsSoHard
The multi choice one was a bit weird coz the choices were all similar - but I picked the ones that said ‘the baby...’ rather than ‘the mother...’ because the question asked how the ‘infant’ does it. But I wasn’t sure.
Interactions synchrony was the one that said ‘in time’ & reciprocity was the other one.

The investigator effect, I was bit all over the place.
But I said you should use a ‘structured interview & get an independent observer not at the concert’ (& I was gonna say do a single/double blind procedure but I wasn’t sure if that would make sense).

The type of observation? If you’re talking about the Q from the social influence section, I said it was Covert.

Tysm for your response! I picked the same for the interactions. But I’m not sure tho.
Reply 82
Hi can you do one for paper 2 please :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Hi there i have produced what i think might come up looking at old papers ect. these are predictions i don' know what might come. hope this helps :smile:

Hi can you do one for paper 2. Please :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Suleman_4531
The prediction was up a few days ago, however, it has now changed:

SECTION A:

Conformity
Zimbardo
Legitimacy of authority
Minority Influence
Social Change

SECTION B:
MSM
WMM - FEATURES?
Factors of EWT
Cognitive interview

SECTION C:
Stages of attachments
Bowlby Mono / Deprivation
Orphan Studies

Can you do one for paper 2 please :smile:
Reply 85
I was just wondering if anyone would kindly share any topics that came up in each section of the exam today please, I'll be doing the A-level exam this year and so anything that came up in this paper would be greatly appreciated (8/12 markers?), thank you!
Reply 86
Original post by L0st45
I was just wondering if anyone would kindly share any topics that came up in each section of the exam today please, I'll be doing the A-level exam this year and so anything that came up in this paper would be greatly appreciated (8/12 markers?), thank you!

8 markers on Zimbardo and cognitive interview. 12 marker on ijzendoorns cultural variations in attachment. A lot of research methods came up
Hi, hope you all did well. I have uploaded my paper 2 predictions, but please revise everything else and add whatever you want to it.

I AM GROOT 1 you can upload your on here as well.
Reply 88
Original post by HM2257
8 markers on Zimbardo and cognitive interview. 12 marker on ijzendoorns cultural variations in attachment. A lot of research methods came up

That's brilliant thank you ever so much for that! Was there anything on Bowlby for Attachment may I ask?
No nothing on Bowlby. 12 on Cultural Variations, 8 markers on Cognitive Interview and Zimbardo. Our paper for Memory it was heavy on RM.
Original post by L0st45
That's brilliant thank you ever so much for that! Was there anything on Bowlby for Attachment may I ask?
Do you know what might come up for paper 2
Reply 91
for the maths question that came up, I got 250 but I forgot to put hours! that's so annoying do u guys think ill still get a mark?
Reply 92
o and also what did u guys put for the children in what order did you put secure insecure avoidant and resistance
Reply 93
Original post by Suleman_4531
No nothing on Bowlby. 12 on Cultural Variations, 8 markers on Cognitive Interview and Zimbardo. Our paper for Memory it was heavy on RM.

Brilliant, thank you so much for that information. Was Attachment very RM based this year or not? Best of luck with the second paper!
Original post by unknown12un
Do you know what might come up for paper 2

View my thread for paper 2. Click here>>>>>> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5363448
Original post by L0st45
Brilliant, thank you so much for that information. Was Attachment very RM based this year or not? Best of luck with the second paper!

No, the attachment section wasn't RM based.
Original post by carrotmuncher
thank you so much for your predictions - you acc legend :smile:

no problem hope the exam went well
hey guys im so happy that the predictions helped
how did it go
personally it was ok wbu
how did it go
personally it was ok wbu

My own predictions were very similar to yours, so i was very glad that someone else had the idea as me.

The paper was great, not too bad. Only thing that got me was the 12 marker, which i didn't revise hopefully i at least get 1 mark for spelling Van Ijzendoorn's name right lol.
how did it go
personally it was ok wbu

My own predictions were very similar to yours, so i was very glad that someone else had the idea as me.

The paper was great, not too bad. Only thing that got me was the 12 marker, which i didn't revise hopefully i at least get 1 mark for spelling Van Ijzendoorn's name right lol.

btw are you gonna make Paper 2 predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending