The Student Room Group

2018 Geography Queens applicants

Is anyone else hoping to study geography at queens in september?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if I don't mess up a-levels, then yes!! bit nervous about it though haha
Reply 2
Original post by sjwils
if I don't mess up a-levels, then yes!! bit nervous about it though haha

Same here, dont know anyone else doing geography! Just hope i get the grades to get in thats all.
Reply 3
What was your offer for if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 4
I honestly don’t think I’m for getting in, I found the exams SO bad especially with them all being so close. I was also off sick most of this year (39% school attendance) so was self taught for the course & had never done the question format before because I’m also an idiot and thought it would be the same format as AS...wasn’t I wrong 😂
Reply 5
not sure if ill get in either as some of them exams went really bad but hopefully we will both be fine and theyll mark the papers easy enough!! I applied to do agricultural technology first but changed my mind to geography and need 3 Bs just hope i get them.
Reply 6
No way I was gonna apply for agricultural technology too! decided on geography though as could see myself going into teaching or dept of agri! My backup is greenmount for a year to do level 2 agriculture lol
Reply 7
Original post by sjwils
No way I was gonna apply for agricultural technology too! decided on geography though as could see myself going into teaching or dept of agri! My backup is greenmount for a year to do level 2 agriculture lol

you serious?? i only changed cause i thought there would be more job opportunities with geography. My backup is either harper adams or wales for animal science and agriculture or if all fails ill go to greenmount too lol
Reply 8
Original post by lue2343
you serious?? i only changed cause i thought there would be more job opportunities with geography. My backup is either harper adams or wales for animal science and agriculture or if all fails ill go to greenmount too lol

Yeah totally serious lol I should’ve went to greenmount years ago instead of doing ALevels as I work on a farm anyway and keep horses! I love geography though and there is definitely more pathways with it than agriculture alone, I couldnt move away too many responsibilities so I have greenmount, Queen’s & Ulster uni! Just hoping I make the grades! What other subjects did you take? I did business studies & IT
Reply 9
i did biology, r.e and geography and had to drop chemistry because it was too hard and the teacher was crap. I was planning on being a vet but since i dropped chemistry it couldnt happen and didnt want to do veterinary nursing because id rather work with large animals. Same here and i live on a farm too but there is way more jobs with geography for sure so id rather do it. Id obv like to stay closer to home but if i have to ill go across the water to whevever takes me if i have to go through clearing
Reply 10
Original post by lue2343
i did biology, r.e and geography and had to drop chemistry because it was too hard and the teacher was crap. I was planning on being a vet but since i dropped chemistry it couldnt happen and didnt want to do veterinary nursing because id rather work with large animals. Same here and i live on a farm too but there is way more jobs with geography for sure so id rather do it. Id obv like to stay closer to home but if i have to ill go across the water to whevever takes me if i have to go through clearing

I feel like were the same person. Chased veterinary for years. Same with the Chem teacher only I was stupid and didn’t drop I and ended up with ABUU in the papers so a U overall! (Inorganic and organic had the Us 🤣). soooo freaky lol hopefully we’re both ok 👌🏼 I got my student finance through there as well so hoping it all goes okay on Thursday! Just wish I could get them now and for it to be over with lol
Reply 11
Original post by sjwils
I feel like were the same person. Chased veterinary for years. Same with the Chem teacher only I was stupid and didn’t drop I and ended up with ABUU in the papers so a U overall! (Inorganic and organic had the Us 🤣). soooo freaky lol hopefully we’re both ok 👌🏼 I got my student finance through there as well so hoping it all goes okay on Thursday! Just wish I could get them now and for it to be over with lol

lol so glad i dropped chemistry not a chance would i have done well this year!! same here just sick of waiting and its so close too anoll. Just hope it goes alright and i get into queens if not ill go through clearing cause dont wanna take a gap year. Really set on staying in NI at least i can come home at weekends then. Do you live far from Queens? and what kind if job do u want at the end? cause i was hoping for something in the environment but id always still like to farm at the same time
Reply 12
Original post by lue2343
lol so glad i dropped chemistry not a chance would i have done well this year!! same here just sick of waiting and its so close too anoll. Just hope it goes alright and i get into queens if not ill go through clearing cause dont wanna take a gap year. Really set on staying in NI at least i can come home at weekends then. Do you live far from Queens? and what kind if job do u want at the end? cause i was hoping for something in the environment but id always still like to farm at the same time

About 15-18 mile from Queen’s. Out near templepatrick! so I’ll get to travel through Belfast at rush hour everyday! 🤣 teaching probably or something in daera 👍🏼
Reply 13
Original post by sjwils
About 15-18 mile from Queen’s. Out near templepatrick! so I’ll get to travel through Belfast at rush hour everyday! 🤣 teaching probably or something in daera 👍🏼

Thats not so bad though, see i live in fermanagh so gona have to stay at elms accomodation if i get in. Ulster seems to have much lower requirements for geography but id prefer Queens it seems like a much better uni in my opinion.
Reply 14
Original post by lue2343
Thats not so bad though, see i live in fermanagh so gona have to stay at elms accomodation if i get in. Ulster seems to have much lower requirements for geography but id prefer Queens it seems like a much better uni in my opinion.

Ah Fermanagh is a wile distance! Yeah Ulster is BCC or BBC if you do a minor in education, isn’t a Russell group though. I did prefer Ulster’s campus & course but can’t beat being able to live at home!
Reply 15
Original post by sjwils
Ah Fermanagh is a wile distance! Yeah Ulster is BCC or BBC if you do a minor in education, isn’t a Russell group though. I did prefer Ulster’s campus & course but can’t beat being able to live at home!

Your right it is! lol yeah thatd be wile handy u must leave close to greenmount to then? i think a farm inspector would be a class job too just not many would like u😂
Reply 16
Original post by lue2343
Your right it is! lol yeah thatd be wile handy u must leave close to greenmount to then? i think a farm inspector would be a class job too just not many would like u😂

Aye about 15 minutes from greenmount!! literally same dream job 🤣
Reply 17
Original post by sjwils
Aye about 15 minutes from greenmount!! literally same dream job 🤣

Hi how did u get on if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 18
Original post by lue2343
Hi how did u get on if you dont mind me asking?

I decided to go to Ulster, I ended up with AA and 0.7% off an A* in geography which is so frustrating 🙄 but I got full marks in decision making so I’m very happy with it overall :smile: just waiting for Queen’s to be kind and reject me like I’ve asked them to haha how about yourself?
Reply 19
Original post by sjwils
I decided to go to Ulster, I ended up with AA and 0.7% off an A* in geography which is so frustrating 🙄 but I got full marks in decision making so I’m very happy with it overall :smile: just waiting for Queen’s to be kind and reject me like I’ve asked them to haha how about yourself?

Well done!! Gona go to Queens and same got an A in geography but did bad in the decision making part as i ran out of time and left out the conclusion and half of negatives lol Ulster was probably handier for you than driving into Belfast every day anyway. Actually kinda nervous for uni lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending