The Student Room Group

English Literature GCSE

Hi guys,
I just want advice on how to produce grade 7 (or more) answers in both papers.
I got a grade 6 in my mocks and I really want to get a 7.
The good thing about English Literature is that it is really easy to improve your grade. Just watch videos of Mr.Bruff or Mr.Salles. They give you really good ideas and that is essential if you want to achieve high marks. Also, you must practice the questions as there is are certain things that the exam board expect you to include. Last but not the least, look at the mark schemes.Use them to write your answer and there should be no problem.
Original post by anynonymous2
The good thing about English Literature is that it is really easy to improve your grade. Just watch videos of Mr.Bruff or Mr.Salles. They give you really good ideas and that is essential if you want to achieve high marks. Also, you must practice the questions as there is are certain things that the exam board expect you to include. Last but not the least, look at the mark schemes.Use them to write your answer and there should be no problem.

I agree with it being easy to improve your grade. All through year 10 was getting 5s and a few 6s but in year 11 haven't got less than a 7! Just look a various sites for some more complex ideas about the characters and try to talk a lot about a little, especially stuff that really isn't that significant to the plot but reveals a lot about the context/characters etc.
Original post by Goldfish4343
I agree with it being easy to improve your grade. All through year 10 was getting 5s and a few 6s but in year 11 haven't got less than a 7! Just look a various sites for some more complex ideas about the characters and try to talk a lot about a little, especially stuff that really isn't that significant to the plot but reveals a lot about the context/characters etc.

This actually happened with me as well. In my year 10 mock, I got a 4 because I never really listened to the teacher and never revised and now in year 11 I got nearly full marks.
Reply 4
Thanks guys :smile:
Those sound really helpful
Good luck with exams (if you're having them) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest